PHUKET: Pin Kewpaisal, president and CEO of Phuket Fantasea, has revealed that Dr Mahathir Mohamed, Prime Minister of Malaysia, has asked him to build a new theme park in Langkawi, and he has agreed. In an interview with Tansettakit newspaper, K. Pin said that he had already had two conferences with Dr Mahathir to discuss the Prime Minister’s plan. K. Pin did not reveal the total investment required, but said the Malaysian government had committed to provide 20% and to extend a low-interest loan to cover the remaining 80%. “We will create an adventure theme park better than any in the world. We expect to open it this year in order to be ready for Asian Travel Year [in 2001].” K. Pin said investing money in Langawi is more risky than putting it into Thailand but the risk might be offset by Malaysian government help in getting tourists to visit the theme park. “It is good because this could stimulate tourism in Langkawi,” Pin said. “Compared with Phuket, Langkawi has a small number of tourists.”
- NFL teams creating mini-theme parks to get fans off sofas
- Vardy: Ranieri’s all-nighters behind Foxes’ ‘theme park ride’
- A bet’s a bet: STL theme park changes ride’s name after Cubs win NLDS
- Stars bond as they take fans out to the theme park
- The Braves may turn their new ballpark into a theme park with a zip line
- Report: $243M to turn Astrodome into large park, civic space
- Fun with coasters: Ride one on a bike or build one in your home?
- Brook, Robin Lopez donate $25K to hometown amusement park
- Here’s the theme from
- Nets center Brook Lopez is building a house at Disney World
FantaSea to build theme park in Langkawi have 288 words, post on www.phuketgazette.net at March 4, 2000. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.