While the Command & Conquer series is revered by real-time strategy players, Red Alert holds a special place in many a fan’s heart. The first Red Alert presented an alternative history of the Second World War, where the Soviets replace the Nazis as a power intent on conquering the world. The second game was released to further acclaim in 2000, but the franchise has been lying dormant for the eight years since. With Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, EA Los Angeles is planning to expand the story while introducing new online modes, new interface features, and Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions for the first time. The Los Angeles development team made a visit to the UK and invited us to play multiplayer mode and hear more about the inspiration behind the game. First off, the influence of Japanese culture is clear, and the self-confessed geeks at EA promise plenty of material for pop culture junkies. The new faction is called The Empire of the Rising Sun, and it features units that Japanophiles should recognise immediately. Yuriko is a psionic commando with neurokinetic booster braids, and she has been modelled on the schoolgirl character Go-Go Yubari from Quentin Tarantino’s… Read full this story
- Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars - hands-on
- EA stuffs 13 Command & Conquer games into one pack
- Extreme heatwave prompts statewide 'code red' alert for most vulnerable across South Australia
- Command & Conquer voice actress reprises her role for the remaster 25 years later
- Command & Conquer 3 to PS3 and Wii?
- Command & Conquer 3 - mega interview
- Command & Conquer first person shooter due
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
- Kerala: Extremely Heavy Rain Expected In 3 Districts, IMD Issues Red Alert
- IMD predicts 'extremely' heavy rainfall in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa; red alert issued
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Multiplayer Hands-On have 289 words, post on www.gamespot.com at July 28, 2008. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.