PHUKET CITY: An old Phuket hand made a welcome return to the island on Saturday when former governor Preecha Ruangjan opened a new OTOP fair at Central Festival Phuket.
The 'All Thailand OTOP/OPOP Festival' features products from 14 different provinces around the country.
Dr Preecha was representing Phitsanulok province, which he now governs.
Dr Preecha was governor of Phuket for less than five months, but gained widespread respect for his enthusiastic and energetic approach to the job.
The OTOP festival features around 70 different stalls selling everything from silk to spa products, to jewelery, paintings and local foods.
The opening ceremony, which took place at around 5pm, was also attended by current Vice Governors Worapoj Ratthasima and Smith Palawatvichai.
The ceremony included a performance entitled 'Phitsanulok, the Great City' and a fashion show.
The fair, taking place on the ground floor of Central Festival Phuket, will run until September 3.
— Atchaa Khamlo
- Rail services return to line axed by Beeching: Firm starts regular trains after volunteers spent 45 YEARS rebuilding the tracks
- TLC, HGTV and Discovery: All the New and Returning Shows Coming Fall 2019
- Kesha Sues Producer Dr. Luke for Sexual Assault and Battery
- What are the products you CAN'T live without? Inspire's Beauty Awards return for a second year after 10,000 readers voted in 2017
- UK’s Dr Pimple Popper ‘drills tiny holes’ in man’s acne scars to ‘cure’ severe case
- Kesha Denied Injunction Against Dr. Luke, Must Record for Sony
- Greens are slammed over extraordinary claims firefighters battling Australia's devastating blazes will return home to BASH their partners
- Dr. Luke’s Label Calls Off Kesha Performance at Billboard Music Awards
- Dr Disrespect Doesn't Seem To Be Taking His Twitch Ban Very Seriously
- The end of GP house calls would be the death knell of medicine as a true vocation, writes DR MARTIN SCURR
Dr Preecha returns to Phuket have 312 words, post on thethaiger.com at August 31, 2009. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.