The New York Yankees have stolen the mantle of world’s most valuable team brand from Manchester United.The Bronx Bombers surpassed the British soccer club for the first time on the latest Forbes Fab 40 list of dominant sports brands.Forbes now estimates the Yankees name is worth a whopping $340 million. Machester United’s brand, pounded by a currency drop, is now valued at $269 million, Forbes said.”Certain things are pretty inevitable. The Yankees are a winning team with history, heritage and normal (navy and white) colors – not something hideous,” said Ron Stein, a third-generation owner of family-run Frank’s Sport Shop in the Bronx. (Manchester’s colors are red and starbrite yellow).”They’re New York’s team. As long as they keep it clean and don’t play like the Mets, their brand is good for the long run,” he said.The Yankees brand has mustered a major upswing even with a recession, increasing 57% since 2007, Forbes said.”People talk about what they’ve been paying their athletes and the cost of building the new stadium, but this shows they’ve been able to generate revenue and name recognition, so the costs have been good investments,” Forbes Executive Editor Michael Ozanian said.In a local upset, the New England… Read full this story
- Marcel Hirscher dominates to win third slalom world title
- Can Valentino Rossi win a tenth world title?
- McLaren: Alonso can win a third World title
- Shiffrin wins super-G world title, Vonn crashes out
- Beefed-up Lewis Hamilton looking to flex his muscles in bid to win sixth F1 world title
- Jonathan Rea relishing the launch of his hunt for fifth world title after 'valuable' two-day test
- ONE SUPER SERIES WORLD TITLE BOUTS SET FOR ONE: WARRIORS OF LIGHT IN BANGKOK ON 10 MAY
- What the Belfast Giants need to win the Elite League title this weekend
- Hamilton brings curtain down on world title winning season with his 11th victory
- How Jamie Moore dragged me out of sulky abyss and back to world title fights: Frampton
Yankees win most valuable franchise in the world title in new Forbes list have 341 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 3, 2011. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.