The changing nature of real-time strategy gamers means that when Command & Conquer launches this fall the game’s matches may not be the same hours-long battles that long-time fans of the franchise may remember.”We’ve been noticing since the original Generals, the preferred play session has gone done from an hour plus to 30 to 45 minutes,” said Jon Van Caneghem, general manager of Command & Conquer developer Victory Games. “So we’ve changed the pacing [of Command & Conquer] to deal with that.”But fans of those victory-by-attrition, lengthy matches shouldn’t be too worried, Van Caneghem said the development team plans on giving gamers into those longer matches options to lengthen play through map design and scenario choices.Command & Conquer launches this fall as a public beta, but Van Caneghem said it will likely never see an official “retail release.” Instead, developers will continue to iterate on the free-to-play game and release patches.The benefit to that system, he said, is that it means they can do things like release a full episodic campaign post launch, without having to worry about trying to get it on a disc.The first campaign, announced earlier this week during EA’s Gamescom press conference, will focus on the… Read full this story
- EA Brings Back Command & Conquer... As A Mobile Game
- Command & Conquer: Rivals takes the strategy series to mobile
- Peacock Seeds equip Mwimba College of Agriculture graduates with starter packs
- Command and Conquer Rivals: Everything you need to know!
- EA revives the C&C franchise with Command and Conquer: Rivals
- Cyclists Conquer Challenging Course at DoD Warrior Games
- Starters: 'Astounding' beef on weck, Ru's Pierogi Salad at Original Warehouse
- Hillsborough match commander faces trial for manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 football supporters
- Trial date for Hillsborough match commander adjourned
- How to Pack For Paris in the Summer
Command & Conquer will have shorter matches, may have starter packs have 315 words, post on www.polygon.com at August 23, 2013. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.