NASCAR is going to unprecedented lengths to clarify and make more transparent how it enforces its rules and applies penalties to teams caught breaking those rules.Crime and punishment has been an issue in NASCAR from the very first days of the sport. The NASCAR Strictly Stock Series — the precursor of today’s Sprint Cup Series — hosted its first race at the old Charlotte Speedway in June 1949, with the winner, Glenn Dunaway, disqualified for running so-called “bootlegger springs” on the back of his Ford to improve handling.Dunaway’s car owner, a North Carolina moonshine runner named Hubert Westmoreland, sued NASCAR to get the DQ overturned but lost, which set a legal precedent for NASCAR to enforce rules and apply penalties going forward.In the 65 years since, there has been all kinds of cheating tried in NASCAR — sometimes caught, sometimes not — everything from oversized engines and nitrous oxide injectors to boost horsepower, secret gas tanks and large fuel lines to increase the distance between pit stops, and creative ways of making cars lighter in mid race, such as filling the frame rails with 300 pounds of buckshot and releasing it from the car during caution laps.In all cases where… Read full this story
- East Baton Rouge judges rollback new faster arraignment process they said was 'crushing the system'
- ‘Judicial capital in Kurnool a step in the right direction’
- Buccaneers confident they’re headed in right direction
- Spotlight: U.S., China move in right direction to stabilize economic relationship: experts
- New Jersey governor signs voting rights restoration bill
- Arrested New Zealand soldier with far-right ties was questioned after March 15 attacks
- Chrono Trigger's first patch is a step in the right direction
- BMC plans two new ROBs at Mahalaxmi, will provide direct connectivity to Haji Ali Junction, Worli Naka
- Step Right Up: Dungeonland Out This Month
- Step Right Up: Dungeonland Beta Signups
New NASCAR penalty process a step in the right direction have 315 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 7, 2014. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.