MINNEAPOLIS — Success can be measured in a number of ways in the college football world. Victories. Rivalry trophies. Individual accolades. Championships.On the heels of last Thursday’s 33-17 loss to Missouri in the Citrus Bowl, the Gophers’ football team finished the 2014 with an 8-5 record — the same record they had one year earlier. So, it’s fair to ask, was it a successful season for Minnesota?Yes and no. If you ask fourth-year head coach Jerry Kill, though, 2014 was a step in the right direction.”We’ve certainly moved the program forward,” Kill said after the bowl game when reflecting on the season. “The seniors have done a great job. We had some tremendous moments with a tremendous group of kids that have bought in and worked their tail ends off. We’ve had some very high highs and we’ve had some lows.”If you’re going simply by victories alone, the Gophers didn’t take a step forward in that regard. Sure, it could be argued that Minnesota’s schedule in 2014 was tougher than the slate of games the Gophers had in 2013. But the fact of the matter is that, for the second year in a row, Minnesota finished with eight victories when… Read full this story
- Beard: Casey hiring pushes Pistons in right direction
- Civil polls in J&K, a step in right direction
- Hyundai student loan incentive is a step in the right direction
- Teen Vogue's Elaine Welteroth on Diversity in Beauty Media: 'It's a Step in the Right Direction'
- Ray Ferris says Roanoke is headed in right direction, despite opponents' claims
- 's Second Season Takes a Step Into a Bigger, Better Universe
- Anki's delightful little robot is a step in the right direction for sidekick automation
- Two To Tango: Boosting bilateral India-Japan defence cooperation a step in the right direction
- Hurricane Season Is On Steroids Right Now
- Ready for GDPR? This white paper points you in the right direction
Gophers season recap: 2014 a step in right direction have 329 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 5, 2015. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.