BRICK – After residents complained about the township’s leaf collection schedule, Brick officials this week announced a new schedule that will rotate collection dates.
The annual spring leaf collection will begin Monday, April 6. As in prior years, leaves will be collected based on a resident’s recycling day. However, this year’s schedule will start with homes that have recycling picked up on Tuesdays.
“We have decided to change our leaf collection schedule this year,” Mayor John G. Ducey said in a statement. “In the past, Monday recycling routes were always the first to be collected. In the interest of fairness, we have decided to rotate the collections moving forward.”
Ducey said some residents were upset that their leaf pickup schedules would consistently fall on holiday weeks.
Residents with Tuesday recycling collection should have their leaves at the curb by Monday, April 6. Wednesday recyclers should have their leaves to the curb by April 13. Thursday recyclers should have leaves ready by April 20. The township will pick up leaves for Friday recyclers beginning April 27. This year, Monday recyclers will have their leaves picked up last, starting May 4.
Bagged leaves should be at the curb by 6 a.m. on the first day of the collection week. Branches, twigs and other debris should not be put into bags.
Leaves will also be accepted at the township recycling center, 836 Ridge Road, between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
For information, call Public Works at 732-451-4060.
Amanda Oglesby: 732-557-5701; [email protected]
- One-Off Nissan Leaf Pickup Used as Shop Truck
- The Rock changes WWE's schedule for WrestleMania weekend?
- Leafs lock up Auston Matthews with a team-friendly five-year, $58.17 extension
- Leafs lock up Auston Matthews with a team-friendly five-year, $58.17 million extension
- No parting gifts for Leafs in Fan Appreciation Night loss to Lightning
- Josh Leivo’s future with Leafs cloudy with stars’ impending return
- Maple Leafs will look for offence in St. Louis, where the Blues aren’t giving up goals
- Leafs unleash Auston to ramp up for Boston
- Leafs coach urges Gardiner to keep it simple in Game 7
- The Leafs’ Frederik Andersen is practising again, but Michael Hutchinson will face Canucks