BENGALURU: Spring Leaf Retail, which owns north Indian quick service restaurant chain Mast Kalandar, is investing in delivery-only kitchens to give a further boost to its foodtech brand MK Dabbawala. MK Dabbawala, which was launched in April, sells ethnic Indian cuisine on a daily changing menu and contributes about a quarter of the Bengaluru-based company’s revenue, said cofounder and CEO Gaurav Jain, unwilling to disclose further financial details. “We were using some of our restaurant kitchens, but are now investing into more delivery-only or ‘dark’ kitchens, as we were not able to service the growing demand,” Jain said. “We were handling 400-500 deliveries a day from our restaurant kitchens, but we are now surpassing that.” It plans to establish another 13 kitchens to touch 25 by March next year. This will be a mix of dark kitchens and it will convert a few existing kitchens also to service the MK Dabbawala business. It currently delivers in 12 locations in the city, of which four are from dark kitchens. MK Dabbawala serves 2,500 orders a day, which translates to 4,000 meals, in Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune and Hyderabad. Currently it gets 1,600 orders a day from its own app and website with… Read full this story
- Africa: 'Industrialisation, Diasporan Investment Crucial to Boosting Africa's Capital Stock'
- Nigeria Commits Over N3trn On Infrastructure Investments, Delivery
- Will County schools seek retail sales tax to boost revenue
- Homebase flogged for £1 to HMV owner amid UK retail malaise – costing its Wesfarmers up to £230m
- The final store: Sears at former Summit mall to close, as owner looks beyond retail
- Coles boss Durkan flags more investment after Wesfarmers demerger
- Forty Five Ten changing downtown Dallas store to boost walk-in traffic after less than two years
- Domino's, Retail Food Group accused as franchise inquiry gets under way
- Chef blends passion for food, drink in Old Town Spring
- Homebase sold to Hilco for £1 as Australian owner jumps ship
Mast Kalandar owner Spring Leaf Retail investing in delivery only kitchens to boost MK Dabbawala have 318 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 25, 2015. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.