Would you pay $505 for a 90-minute taxi ride? How about if it was in a Lamborghini Huracan? The U.K. now has its first supercar taxi, in Wolverhampton, according to a report in International Business Times. The minimum fare is 349 British pounds for 90 minutes, or the equivalent of $505 U.S.
I haven’t been to Wolverhampton, a city of about 250,000 in the West Midlands, England. My impression is the streets and roads in and around Wolverhampton may not be the greatest places to step on the accelerator in a car that will top out over 200 mph. The car’s 5-liter engine and $260K price tag also aren’t what you normally expect in a taxi.
Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and even a Porsche Spider are among the police fleet in Dubai, but on the streets of a busy English city, this Lambo is clearly an unexpected sight.
Wolverhampton’s council has given the Huracan’s owner a private-hire car license. Hopefully, there are enough people who want a once-in-a-lifetime ride in a very fast, extremely flashy car to make the expense worth it. Or then again, perhaps the purpose is to have a breathtaking car to park with impunity in taxi parking spots.
- The Lamborghini Safari will tame road, track, and trail … if it happens
- 9 high-tech examples that prove Dubai is the world’s most futuristic city
- An autonomous Lamborghini? No way, says the brand’s R&D boss
- How does Uber work? Here’s how the app lets you ride, drive, or both
- Self-driving cars are about to hit the busy streets of NY City
- Review: 2020\u00a0Lamborghini Huracan EVO
- 8 things that make the 8th-generation Corvette special
- Maine airports push to regulate Uber, Lyft ride services
- A wonderful week of adventures in captivating Cuba
- Uber’s Stock Disappoints, Capping a Rocky Path to Its I.P.O.
- Why Green Line stopped short of LAX
- How Bill de Blasio Went From Progressive Hope to Punching Bag
- Tiananmen Square: The Mourning After
- JetBlue’s low-cost London flights could put pressure on Delta, American and United
- Kumail Nanjiani gets behind the wheel in ‘Stuber’
- Reno-Tahoe shows: JoJo Siwa, Luke Bryan, Lionel Richie and more
- Reader Memories
- College kids are living like kings in this city’s empty mansions
- College kids are living like kings in Vancouver’s empty mansions
- Trey Anastasio on Phish, Jam Bands and Staying Together Forever
- Forecastle Festival: ASL interpreters change the concert scene
- 50 popular products under $10 on Amazon
- Uber reports $1B loss in first quarterly earnings after IPO
- Chicago’s best future might be a train stop away
- This transit pro wasn't convinced by BQX op-ed
Hey, taxi! Lamborghini Huracan will get you there fast, but the fare is steep have 425 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at May 5, 2016. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.