This article first appeared on the American Enterprise Institute site. Following the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) attack on an Orlando, Florida, nightclub, Donald Trump repeated his call for a Muslim travel ban, pointing out that “the killer…was born an Afghan of Afghan parents who immigrated to the United States. The only reason the killer was in America in the first place was because we allowed his family to come here. That is a fact, and a fact we need to talk about.” Maybe so, but here is another fact we need to talk about: Trump’s plan to “suspend immigration from areas of the world when there is a proven history of terrorism against the United States, Europe or our allies, until we understand how to end these threats” won’t work. How do we know? The terrorists have told us. During his CIA interrogations, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (KSM) told his interrogators that following the 9/11 attacks he knew we would be on the lookout for Arab men. So he recruited a cell of Southeast Asians from a group called Jemaah Islamiyah to carry out the “second wave” attack to crash a hijacked airliner into a building in Los Angeles. KSM… Read full this story
- Giuliani Says Travel Ban Was Legal Way to Enact Trump’s Muslim Ban
- Trump’s Muslim Ban Keys Victory in South Carolina Primary - Pollster
- House, Senate Democrats introduce proposal to repeal Trump travel ban
- US Supreme Court backs Trump travel ban from Muslim-majority nations
- Inside the Huge JFK Airport Protest Over Trump’s Muslim Ban
- Revealed: the trans military members living in fear under Trump's ban
- Trump’s Brussels Response: Spy and Torture Muslims, Ban Muslim Travel to US
- Muslims face increased stop and search
- Trump Campaign Bans Bloomberg Reporters from Rallies, Says 'They Have Declared Their Bias Openly'
- Trump campaign bans Bloomberg News from covering rallies over Democrat investigations stance
Why Trump's Muslim Ban Won't Stop Terrorists have 321 words, post on www.newsweek.com at June 25, 2016. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.