Finding authentic New York style pizza can be a bit of chore in Southwest Florida, but admittedly, it can be done.But a guy who makes his own cannoli cream, and pipes it in those crisp shells when you order? That’s a bit more rare.Tucked along Old 41 in Bonita Springs sits Big Block Sub Shop.The name is a bit misleading; it’s more than a sub shop. But the Big Block part certainly fits owner Frank Gericitano, a car enthusiast who loves food. Gericitano owned Cafe Dominic in Staten Island and moved to Southwest Florida 16 years ago.”I came down to visit a friend of mine from New York,” he explained. “On my last day here I put a deposit down on a house. That’s how much I liked it.”He purchased the sub shop and re-opened it in February, keeping and expanding on the car theme, which falls in line with his own car and motorcycle collection.Gericitano’s favorite item on the menu is the Frankie, a chicken Parmigiana sub. Other oven baked subs include meatball Parmigiana, cheese steak and a pulled pork sub topped with cole slaw.There are salads, pizza and cold subs, like the Big Block and All American subs,… Read full this story
- What happened to Distrust’s Antarctic cruise promotion?
- Visualizing the Big Data of Breast Cancer
- Big Data: Mapping the Geology of the World's Ocean Floor
- Minecraft qCraft interview: the mod that lets you build quantum computers with blocks
- EU Widens Antitrust Probe to Include Google Ad, Shopping Biz
- Big Data Algorithms can Discriminate, and it’s Not Clear What to Do About It
- Handling Big Data to Understand Antimatter at CERN’s LHCb Experiment
- IBM Lights up Silicon Chips to Tackle Big Data
- Taming the 'Genomical Beast' with Big Data Resources
- Discrimination Potential Seen in Big Data Use
Big Block Sub Shop cruises along in Bonita Springs have 315 words, post on www.usatoday.com at July 27, 2016. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.