New British Prime Minister Theresa May has made Boris Johnson the Foreign Secretary, and the laughter has come from reviews of his past, decidedly undiplomatic comments. The concern comes from fears over what else this Little England champion might say when let loose on the world. Mr Johnson, who fought for Britain’s exit from the European Union — the UK’s biggest foreign affairs wrench since the independence of India — was extremely frank when there was no chance he would be the mottled face of his country overseas. So enjoy some comments from the former London mayor that show he is ready for the world stage. And if that fails, he can just take on foreign leaders on the football pitch. In 2007 he said of Hillary Clinton, possibly the next president of the US: “She’s got dyed blonde hair and pouty lips, and a steely blue stare, like a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital.” And of the other presidential hopeful: “The only reason I wouldn’t go to some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump.” More famously, in a Spectator editorial he described former president George W Bush: “A cross-yes Texan warmonger, unelected,… Read full this story
- British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson visits Russia amid strain in ties
- Cher trashes new UK foreign secretary Boris Johnson as 'f-ing idiot who lied'
- Britain's foreign secretary refers to his Chinese-born wife as Japanese while on trip to China
- Trump's Favorite British Politician Boris Johnson in Trouble After Comparing Burka-wearing Muslim Women to Letterboxes
- UK's Boris Johnson plays down Conservative rift, NZ near top of trade deal queue
- Could Boris Johnson come back as Britain's next prime minister?
- UK foreign secretary calls Chinese wife Japanese on Beijing visit
- Boris Johnson Says UK Passport Holders Will Not Be Hit By Trump's Immigration Ban
- UK's Boris Johnson refuses to apologize after saying Muslim women in burqas look like 'bank robbers'
- Trump's UK visit on despite criticism, says foreign secretary
Past gaffes from Britain’s new Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson have 336 words, post on www.news.com.au at July 14, 2016. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.