While athletes went for the gold, Facebook achieved a new record of views and clicks for its own coverage of the Rio Olympics 2016. Facebook saw more than 1.5 billion interactions — likes, posts, comments and shares — related to the Olympics throughout the games. From Aug. 5 to 21, 277 million people participated in the conversation around the world, meaning Facebook users, on average, interacted with Olympics-related stories 5 times. The social networking giant did not provide an apples-to-apples comparison from the previous summer games in London. Back in 2012, Facebook announced 116 million posts and comments and 12.2 million likes to athletes’ pages, not on posts. SEE ALSO: Facebook adds more Olympics coverage with live broadcasts, Instagram feeds Even so, such a direct comparison would be difficult considering how much the service has changed. Facebook had a one-tap portal to Olympics-related content this year and in 2012, but the type of posts varied. Most notably, Facebook now prioritizes video. It’s not surprising that overall numbers for the two-week-long, global event would be unprecedented for Facebook. Since July 2012, the site has grown from 955 million monthly active users to 1.71 billion. This year, Facebook hosted more exclusive content,… Read full this story
- Researchers achieve record Internet speed of 44.2 Tbps using existing infrastructure
- We should use NZ Super Fund billions to help pay for Covid-19 recovery
- Facebook faces $1 billion lawsuit for providing 'material support' to Hamas
- readers help champion athlete Prajakta Godbole survive
- Thailand cuts key rate to record low to help economy
- Athletics-Jamaican sprint king Bolt becomes father for first time
- ‘Achieved my dream’: Olympic ski champion Anna Veith retires
- VN gymnasts set sights on securing additional Olympic place
- Gymnasts set sights on securing additional Olympic place
- 'Our athletes are in a far better position than many in other countries'
Facebook achieved record 1.5 billion interactions with help from this Olympic athlete have 292 words, post on mashable.com at August 22, 2016. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.