As Apple fans compete to get their hands on the iPhone 7, one tech recycling firm has revealed a 300% rise in trade-ins as Brits take to buying websites to help fund their latest Apple handset. Cash for gadgets website musicMagpie.co.uk saw record numbers of iPhones sold on Friday – with over £1.1 million spent in payouts – after the brand new iPhone 7 and sister handset 7 Plus, hit the UK pre-sale market. The site, which gives customers cash for unwanted phones, CDs, DVDs and books, saw iPhone trade-ins increase by 123% – while trade-ins of the iPhone 6 and 6S grew by a record 304%, and 268% respectively. Liam Howley, group marketing director at musicMagpie, comments: “We’ve seen the increase in trade-ins of the iPhone 6 grow slowly over the past month, but following Apple’s press conference, there was a massive spike in trade-ins as consumers prepared to get cash for their older devices, and upgrade to the new iPhone 7. “With musicMagpie offering up to £405 or the iPhone 6, it’s no wonder people are cashing in on their old devices and with our faster payments scheme, customers will be able to have the money straight into… Read full this story
- Disney Hit A Box Office Record, But Which Movies Didn't Make Money?
- Trump Says He Will Force Apple to Manufacture in the US Even Though That Makes Absolutely No Sense
- BBC to launch ‘timely’ season to bridge political differences in divided world
- Here’s what’s coming to record stores and streaming services in February
- Paul Sparks Replaces Garrett Hedlund as Ace in Castle Rock Season 2
- John Lithgow to Star Opposite Jeff Bridges in FX Pilot Old Man
- Who is Tina Barrett, is the S Club 7 star now in SC3, how old is she and does she have any children?
- Apple and Samsung fined for 'deliberately slowing phones' to encourage upgrades
- How to Travel With Twitter and Make Money
- Mixer Adds New Ways For Streamers To Make Money
iPhone 7 launch sparks record high Apple handset trade-ins - how to make money from your old phone have 327 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 14, 2016. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.