A BOXER who boasted he was the “hardest man in town” is a lengthy jail term for murdering a young soldier on a night out.
Cruel thug Jake Vallely punched Private Matthew Boyd to death in the barracks town of Brecon in Wales.
Private Boyd, who served with the Royal Gibraltar Regiment, was knocked out cold while on his way back to his barracks.
His unconscious body was discovered by police after it had been “dragged and dumped” by Vallely, Cardiff Crown Court heard.
Prosecutor Christopher Quinlan QC said: “Matthew Boyd was a young soldier – Jake Vallely is the self-proclaimed ‘hardest man in Brecon’.
“That is how he described himself an hour or so before the attack.”
A little after midnight, Matthew Boyd was punched, he went to the ground, and then he was beaten until he moved no more.
“Vallely dragged and dumped his body and then ran off.”
Vallely was a keen amateur boxer who his coach described as being in the top 10 middleweights in Wales.
He declared himself “the hardest man” after threatening to rape reveller Kelly Price after a minor pub row.
The thug denied murdering the soldier but was found guilty by a jury after a three-week trial.
He will be sentenced next week.
A second man, Aaron Evans, 23, was cleared of manslaughter in connection with Pte Boyd’s death.
Pte Boyd was originally from Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland, but had moved to Gibraltar. Just four days earlier, he
started a training exercise at the infantry battle school in Brecon which is regularly used by the SAS.
The jury was shown CCTV images of the “fatal assault” in the street outside the Cellar bar in the town.
Mr Quinlan said Vallely punched Pte Boyd to the floor before “continuing to hit him remorselessly while he was on the ground”.
“Thereafter he was beaten until he moved no more,” he said.
“It was this camera that caught Vallely dragging him and then leaving him, either dead or dying.”
Mr Quinlan said: “He was volcanic. He went from calm to angry suddenly. He erupted or exploded, and became aggressive, intimidating, threatening.
“He asked Miss Price ‘who the f*** are you?’, he told her to f*** off.
“He said: ‘I’ve raped worse than you. I will fucking rape you. I’m the hardest man in Brecon.”
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368
- Families of four British soldiers killed in 1982 Hyde Park bomb begin battle for 'justice' in civil lawsuit against convicted IRA member John Downey - whose 'fingerprints link him to attack'
- The Massacre of a Mormon Family in Mexico Will Hang Over the 2020 Election
- Australia turning a blind eye to ethnic cleansing in Myanmar
- Death Stranding or Control? We predict the winners for The Game Awards 2019
- The Irishman is out in cinemas today and it may be the mob’s greatest HIT after £112m splurge and 12 years in the making
- 11 Hollywood heavyweights who jumped from the big screen to the small screen
- The best festive shows this Christmas
- ‘That thing gnawing away at all of us’: Calais and the shantytown on its doorstep
- Notorious Portuguese political prison becomes museum of resistance
Boxer Jake Vallely boasted of being a brute just ONE hour before he brutally murdered off-duty soldier Matthew Boyd in Brecon have 538 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 1, 2016. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.