Today Square Enix released a large batch of screenshots of Dragon Quest XI, that will be released in 2017 for PS4 and 3DS, and is also planned to launch on Nintendo Switch.
The screenshots, that you can check out below, showcases another look at the characters, including the hero’s childhood friend Ema and his traveling companion Camus.
We also see the difference between the PS4 and 3DS versions quite clearly, on top of two different game modes on 3DS, and two locations of the game’s setting, the Ishi village, and the Tree of Life.
In the PS4 version, flowers, trees, flowing waterfalls and monsters are vividly represented in a vast and beautiful field. The lives of people in settlements are also displayed in full detail.
At the beginning of your adventure on the 3DS version, you can select between the 3D Mode and the 2D Mode. The first is displayed in 3D visuals, with stereoscopic 3D enabled, while the second displays the game in 2D pixel art and classic sprites. While progressing through the adventure, you’ll be given chances to select the mode again, and you’ll also be able to switch by going to a specific place.
The game’s battle follow the 30 year-long tradition of the series, while also incorporating new elements. On PS4 both the party and monsters will be displayed in full 3D beauty during battles. On 3DS if you use 3D Mode you’ll also see both the party and the monsters rendered in a 3D image, while in 2D Mode, they will appear like in classic Dragon Quest games, with just the sprites of the monsters on screen.
The first characters are also introduced, with the promise of follow-up information showcasing more.
The hero is a 16 years old young man living in the quiet Ishi Village. When he is tested during the coming of age ceremony, he realizes that he is the reincarnation of the ancient hero who saved the world in the past. Due to that, he is entrusted with an important mission.
Who is the hero? What is his mission? In order to confirm his destiny with his own eyes, the protagonist leaves his hometown and sets foot in the vast outside world.
We also meet Ema, a childhood friend of the hero. Both of them did the coming of age ceremony together, being the same age. She is the one that first sees the seal on the left hand of the hero, that shines when he is in danger, awakening a mysterious power.
The third character is Camus, the hero’s reliable buddy. They meet while traveling, and while Camus is rude in his behavior and speech, he has a loyal heart, passionate and determined. He will support the character in adventuring and as his guide.
The game’s world is named Rotozetasia, created by the Tree of Life that transmitted life to the earth through its roots. The Tree of Life floats at the center of the continent, and it is said that a brave hero can communicate with the Tree if he proves worthy.
The Ishi village is the hero’s hometown, located in a quiet corner of a valley. Its people live peacefully while worshipping the spirits of the earth. While there are few shops and facilities, there are many pastures, and horses can often be seen.
Those who reach sixteen years of age have to perform the ritual of coming of age by climbing a mountain named Rock of the Gods, to offer prayers to the spirits of the earth who reside there.
A waterfall becomes a stream that crosses the middle of the village, which is full of nature and greenery. There are also shining trees around the village, but what they actually are is unknown.
You can check all the screenshots out below. In case you missed them, you can also watch more videos and read more info in our report of the recent livestream from Jump Festa, alongside a few additional pieces of information and trivia. A new broadcast will air on Japanese TV on December 29th, with the promise of even more details.
- Review: Dragon Quest XI looks new but feels old
- Dragon Quest XI: The Kotaku Review
- Dragon Quest XI Is a Modern-Day JRPG Classic
- Interview: Dragon Quest XI's Developers Detail How They Created a Living World
- Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition Review
- The Difficult Dilemma Of Dragon Quest XI’s Post Credit Sequence
- Dragon Quest XI Has Some Of The Best NPC Stories Ever
- How Dragon Quest XI Tells An Entire Story With Haikus
- Dragon Quest XI producer’s dilemma: How to work on a series he grew up with
- Dragon Quest XI is video game comfort food
- Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age review — a marvelous marinade of hope and despair
- Dragon Quest XI S is coming to the Nintendo Switch this fall with 8-bit graphics option
- Dragon Quest XI S for Nintendo Switch: Everything you need to know
- Why Some Japanese Dragon Quest Fans Don't Seem Thrilled With The CG Anime Movie
- Dragon Quest’s creator doesn’t want to stop working anytime soon
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 review: Building on success
- The Ultimate Super Smash Bros. Character Guide: Hero
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Nintendo surprises fans with ‘Super Mario Maker 2,’ remastered ‘Link’s Awakening’ and new game ‘Astral Chain’
- Hands-On: 'Greedfall' Brings New Life to Western RPGs
Dragon Quest XI Gets New Screenshots Comparing PS4 VS 3DS: Characters, Battle System and Locations have 885 words, post on www.dualshockers.com at December 25, 2016. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.