JUBA, South Sudan: A passenger plane crash-landed and burned in Wau, northwestern South Sudan on Monday, but all 49 passengers and crew survived, an airport official. The plane was landing but then crashed, said Wau’s Acting Airport Manager Stephen Youngule. “The plane touched down and then jumped up again. The pilot couldn’t control it,” said Youngule, who is also Deputy Director of Air Traffic Services. “I saw it until the very last moment before the fire engulfed the aircraft.” When the plane crashed, its door flew open, which allowed the pilot and rescue crews to get everybody out, he said. Those with injuries were taken to Wau’s hospital for treatment, said Youngule. The plane, an Antonov 26, carried 44 passengers and had five crew members, said Youngule. On social media, images appeared of the plane with smoke billowing from the wrecked fuselage. U.N. peacekeepers worked with local emergency workers to evacuate passengers from the plane, according to David Shearer, head of the U.N. mission in South Sudan. Peacekeepers from Bangladesh, Nepal and China helped in the emergency work, he said. The plane was from South Supreme Airlines, a South Sudanese carrier. It was making a trip from Juba to Wau, in northwestern South Sudan when it… Read full this story
- Egypt says no survivors from Russian plane crash
- Airbus A320 safety record in spotlight after Russia plane crash
- Russian plane crash: investigation begins into cause of Sinai crash
- Russian plane crash kills Lokomotiv Yaroslavl ice hockey team
- Mounting suspicions over Sinai plane crash force Russian response
- Egypt plane crash: Russia says jet was bombed in terror attack
- Russian plane crash: flight recorder captured 'sound of explosion'
- Egypt plane crash likely to have been caused by bomb, says David Cameron
- Egypt refuses to concede that terrorists caused Sinai plane crash
- Illinois State assistant coach Torrey Ward dies in plane crash
Plane crash-lands in S Sudan, at least 49 injured have 314 words, post on news.abplive.com at March 21, 2017. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.