Gwyneth Paltrow used to be best known as an actress, but in the last decade she’s built an even bigger reputation as a health guru. Her newsletter venture, Goop, peddles an enviable lifestyle—travel, fashion, anything that looks gorgeous in photographs—but with a central message of living a clean, healthy life. When she decided to bring Goop to life with a “summit” in Los Angeles, the focus was the thing she’s best known for, and happens to get the most shit about: health. Goop embraces novelty, including alternative therapies that range from useless to harmful. I went to the Goop health summit to see whether there was any real health advice to be had, and if not, what takes its place. Before I hopped on the plane to LA, I engaged in a few weeks of Goop immersion. I read (okay, skimmed) Goop-endorsed doctors’ books. I ate Goop-approved recipes. And I talked to two non-Goop experts who were able to provide some perspective. One of those was Tim Caulfield. He directs the Health Law Institute at the University of Alberta and is fascinated by pop culture’s messages about health. He wrote a book about celebrity health advice called Is Gwyneth Paltrow… Read full this story
- Real Health Podcast: Charlie Weston’s financial health tips to make your life better
- Real Health Podcast: 'It's the highest health tip I can give'
- Health guru Gwyneth Paltrow reveals what her children really eat
- Check out the top health tips to swap your normal life for a healthier you
- Gwyneth Paltrow's In Goop London: Everything you need to know about the health wellness summit
- Gwyneth Paltrow is releasing her 'cleanest cookbook to date'
- Gwyneth Paltrow: ‘I was always punk rock’
- Gwyneth Paltrow on sex, controversy and how not to be an a**hole
- Gwyneth Paltrow reveals her time-consuming and VERY costly shower routine
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s The Clean Plate: 7 things we learned about the star from her new recipe book
I Went on a Quest for Legit Health Tips at Gwyneth’s Goop Summit have 334 words, post on vitals.lifehacker.com at June 15, 2017. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.