Boeing also won a $4.5-billion contract for 10 C-17 Globemaster III transport aircraft, and will soon start delivery of $3 billion contracts to supply 22 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters and 15 CH-47F Chinook heavy lift helicopters., reports Ajai Shukla.The Indian Navy’s Boeing P-8I long-range maritime patrol aircraft — reputedly the world’s most fearsome submarine hunters — have proved themselves in joint patrols with the United States Navy in the Indian Ocean, tracking Chinese submarines. Last July, a pleased Indian Navy signed a billion-dollar contract with Boeing for four more P-8Is to augment the eight aircraft it already flies. Delivery will begin in 2020.But, with Chinese submarine activity growing in the Indian Ocean, the navy wants more P-8Is on station. The navy has now signed a $100-million contract, requiring Boeing to maintain spare parts and personnel in India, ready to respond to any defects or failures in the P-8I fleet over the next three years. The so-called “performance-based logistics” contract requires Boeing to continue the warranty services it has so far provided under an initial production contract, which will expire in October. “This contract will substantially bolster Boeing’s performance-based support to the Indian Navy and should maintain or increase the operational… Read full this story
- Arsenal signs shirt-sponsorship deal with Rwanda
- Cuba plane tragedy: More than 100 passengers dead as Boeing 737 crashes on takeoff in Havana
- Nigeria, China Sign Currency Swap Deal
- Should the Heat explore a sign-and-trade deal for DeMarcus Cousins?
- Gudmundsson signs new Turf deal
- East Africa: Toshiba Signs Geothermal Lease Deal With Regional Firm to Expand Power Generation
- Zim, China sign $1 billion deal... investment to create 25 000 jobs
- BP signs LNG purchase deal with Venture Global
- China, Nigeria sign currency swap deal
- Chris Hughton signs new Brighton deal until 2021
Navy signs $100-mn deal for maintenance of Boeing's P-8Is have 297 words, post on www.rediff.com at June 21, 2017. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.