THE Davao Ngilngig Films is inviting artists and writers to submit their works for consideration in the 1st Panagtagbo art fest, set to open in Morning Light Art Gallery-Quirino on October 29.
The art fest is the first one organized by the Davao Ngilngig Films in line with its film festival, which will run from October 27 to 31 in Davao City.
Co-organized by Balud Art Network, Davao Graphic Designers Community, The Panagtagbo, and Print Ta! By Alleycat, “Panagtagbo” is a multi-platform art event that includes an art exhibit, a zine launch, and a small press expo.
The organizers are accepting works in form of digital, traditional, experimental formats and media, especially video art and digital works.
Literary works will be considered for publication in the first The Panagtagbo Zine, edited by Janna Moya and Melona Grace Mascariñas, which will also be launched on the opening date of the event.
Priority will be given to works that have the “ngilngig” factor, or are representations of the macabre or are based on town tales and superstitious beliefs.
Interested artists and writers can submit their works and information of themselves through an online form available at the Davao Ngilngig Films website, with url www.davaongilngigfilms.com/events/artfest.
Submission period is until 11:59 p.m., October 12.
The submitted artworks and literary works will undergo a selection process and the contributors will be notified individually of the results via e-mail from [email protected], on October 15.
Davao Ngilngig Films festival, and its sub-events such as Panagtagbo are presented by Malagos Garden Resort, and supported by CinemaOne Originals, FDCP Cinematheque Davao, Creative Ideas Prints and Ads Corporation, Davao Bloggers, JCI Kadayawan, Morning Light Art Gallery and Shop, Mindanao Travel Channel, Mindanao Times, and State of Mind Production, Inc., as Minor Sponsors.
For inquiries, private message the organizers through the Davao Ngilngig Films page on Facebook, or email [email protected]. (PR)
- Wichita art advocates want public arts funding proposal
- iMOCA, Indy's contemporary art museum, wants to be an anchor in east side's Holy Cross
- Children's Matinee Added To South Side Irish Parade Film Fest
- 30 Art Exhibitions to View in N.Y.C. This Weekend
- The Art of the Internet, Restored and Out in the World
- MoMA to Close, Then Open Doors to More Expansive View of Art
- 18 Art Exhibitions to View in N.Y.C. This Weekend
- 14 Art Exhibitions to View in N.Y.C. This Weekend
- 21 Art Exhibitions to View in N.Y.C. This Weekend
- 20 Art Exhibitions to View in N.Y.C. This Weekend
Ngilngig art, stories wanted for art fest have 416 words, post on www.sunstar.com.ph at October 6, 2017. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.