IT’S as much an office staple as, well, a stapler — and with one satisfying clunk can turn a pile of disordered sheets into a crisp, neat stack ready for the binder.But as with many seemingly simple devices, the humble hole puncher — which turned 131 today — is recognised as a masterpiece of mechanical design and efficiency.The first patent for a hole puncher, or Papierlocher für Sammelmappen (paper hole maker for binding) was filed on 14 November 1886 by inventor Friedrich Soennecken.Mr Soennecken was a German office supplier from the town of Remscheid who founded his own company, F Soennecken Verlag, in 1875.His wares quickly became renowned for their quality, and his paper and pens were a favourite of German philosopher Freidrich Neitzsche, the man who coined the phrase: “What does not kill me makes me stronger”.As well as inventing the hole puncher, Mr Soennecken created the ring binder to store the freshly punched sheets and a style of calligraphy designed to be neat yet standardised and easy to learn.The hole puncher’s design has not changed much in the 131 years since its invention.It uses a lever and spring system to allow the user to line up and punch… Read full this story
- Who Was Google Doodle Ruth Asawa? Facts and Quotes From Famous Wire Sculptor
- McMaster's pick to lead SC Office on Aging on defensive: 'I do not discriminate'
- Omar Khayyam gets Google Doodle for 971st birthday_ who was he?
- Google promises better privacy tools
- Biddeford student wins Google doodle contest for Maine
- Google Doodle: Nachos inventor Ignacio Anaya García honored
- Georgia Teen Wins Google Doodle Contest W/ Tribute To Mom
- Google Doodle celebrates artist/internee Ruth Asawa
- Essential tech tools every small business needs in its toolbox
- History Buff: Follow Freeport’s history on Heritage Trail
Hole punch history – 131st anniversary marked with Google Doodle: here is the essential office tool through the ages have 306 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 14, 2017. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.