“Where Romance Meets Finance”
That’s the tagline of TheSugarBook, Asia’s first ever sugar dating app.
Founded by a Malaysian back in December 2016, TheSugarBook has more than 55,000 members across countries like Malaysia, Singapore, America, India, and the Philippines. It’s growing rapidly and the guys at TheSugarBook intend to have at least 100,000 users by mid-2018.“TheSugarBook seeks to build a social community that focuses on women empowerment – that the choice of the type of lifestyle lies at the tip of the their fingers. We also provide the convenience of choosing partners for high-flying and successful businessmen who have limited time to date the conventional way.”
TheSugarBook app is now available on both Android and iOS and here’s how it works:
The app is completely free and anyone above the age of 18 can set up an account.sign up with their college or university email will be automatically upgraded as premium members. This comes with a few perks including, checking out profile viewers, having their profiles placed under the featured section, and reading and sending unlimited messages, among other benefits.As for the sugar daddies, they will have to pay a small fee to unlock the premium features.
If the term sugar dating still sounds a little Greek to you, then allow me to explain.
To put it simply, a sugar relationship is one where a sugar daddy (typically a rich, older man) offers financial support and pampers a younger companion.
Sugar dating 101 sites usually refer this type of relationship as a casual, no strings attached one.
It is common knowledge that most sugar daddies are usually looking for temporary, fuss-free companionship with compatible, good looking women
However, a common misconception about sugar daddies is that they’re mostly old, unattractive rich men. The truth, however, might be far from it. A quick check on most sugar dating apps will have you know that a large number of sugar daddies are usually pretty decent looking men in their 30s and 40s – if the term silver fox rings a bell!TheSugarBook says that men must fulfil these two important criteria if they want to be sugar daddies:
Meanwhile, a sugar baby, who is most often on the receiving end of the material benefits, is defined as someone who has clear goals (money, companionship, connections, etc.) and knows how to communicate it well
While many may say that sugar babies are just gold digging divas who want easy money, most sugar dating apps stress that those qualities are the exact opposite of what a sugar baby is.Here’s what it takes to be a sugar baby, according to TheSugarBook:
TheSugarBook provided us with some interesting statistics about the users on the app. This is basically the gist of it:
The thing is, there’s a lot of stigma tied to sugar dating and most people will shun the idea of it ever being equated to a normal, healthy relationship, but one of the sugar daddies on TheSugarBook says it’s a lot like regular dating
“I guess there are many similarities. In my previous relationship, I paid for everything – from dining out to holidays and even our rent. We were together for five years and talking about marriage before she cheated on me.“The only difference between sugar dating and regular dating would be that my emotions are not invested in sugar dating. When my ex cheated on me, I was too damaged emotionally to care about how much money I’ve spent on her,” said *Dan, a 38-year-old who runs a startup.
However, things are a little different for *Aaron, a 50-year-old widower. He was married to his high school sweetheart who died of cancer about five years ago before turning to sugar dating.
He tried seeking for companionship from regular dating apps like Tinder, but soon realised that he’s basically at the “bottom of the dating barrel” due to his age.Ever since my wife passed away, I’m finding it quite lonely as we used to do everything together.“Other dating sites or apps make me feel like a dirty old man for trying but on TheSugarBook, the sugar babies I have met are very courteous and accommodating, I suppose due to the nature of sugar dating.
Another sugar daddy, *Calvin, says sugar dating works perfectly for him because he’s always liked younger women
“Everyone on TheSugarBook is there for the same reason – girls to get financial and emotional support as well as networking opportunities, while men seek younger women, fun, and dating with no strings attached.a committed sugar relationship or normal relationship or whatever society cares to label it,” said the 40-year-old entrepreneur in the hospitality and luxury cars dealership industry.Note: All names have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals.
Ultimately, while opinions differ and arguments flare up on sugar dating and the ethics behind it (or the absence of it), many say that it is merely another form of dating and it is entirely up to the individuals who are interested in it to pursue sugar relationships, in line with freedom of expression and all
So, what do you think about sugar dating in general? Let us know in the comment section below.
More dating-related stories on SAYS:
IMHO, these things are difficult to attain, but that’s what makes them worth it.
Planning a good time out as a couple can be a challenge, given today’s fast-paced lifestyle. But now Malaysians can d…
- Fiji PM endorses InstaCharge, the app its creators claim can recharge your phone
- Scrite, an app to help write screenplays
- Tinder set to add video chatting to the app next month so millions of users can date virtually while under coronavirus lockdown
- In-Depth | Aarogya Setu app: From efficacy to privacy concerns, what’s under the hood of Centre’s COVID-19 contact tracing app
- Prudential launches AI-powered health management app Pulse
- BBC 'ignoring its audience' over iPlayer app removal
- The math behind dating apps: Women like only 4 out of 100 profiles, men more likely to swipe right
- Realme reveals the launch date of Narzo 10 and Narzo 10A in India
- Aarogya Setu app does not access your data unless you have Covid-19, says NITI Aayog's Arnab Kumar
- Union warns care workers not to use UK government Covid-19 app
- Oppo Find X2 series teased, to launch in India soon
- Social conversations made simple: Twitter experiments with new thread layout, Tinder plans to introduce in-app video chats
- Young Vietnamese man's game-app startup ranked in top 15 in the US
- Taiwan launches 'electronic fence' program to track people in coronavirus quarantine through their phone GPS data - and police will respond within 15 minutes if a person is caught away from home
- Here are the 19 sports betting apps coming to Colorado
- A matter of 10 seconds: Kiran Rao teams up with Facebook to redefine mobile storytelling
- Coronavirus disruptions see drone meal delivery launching in North Carolina
- India to roll out COVID-19 app for Reliance's JioPhone in bid to widen use
- Colorado sports betting set to launch May 1 with most teams sidelined and state’s casinos closed
- Indian court seeks government reply over challenge to mandatory coronavirus app
TheSugarBook, Asia's First Sugar Dating Site Has Launched Its Mobile App have 1180 words, post on says.com at November 2, 2017. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.