NCSW to form committee which will formulate national framework for women 0SHARES Share Tweet Email NCSW to form committee which will formulate national framework for women. PHOTO: REUTERS ISLAMABAD: A social mindset which considers women’s reproductive health and rights as a taboo coupled with the discouraging and rude behaviour of health staff and the threat of sexual harassment by male staff at some facilities are among the biggest obstacles in the way of women’s reproductive health and rights. ‘The burden to change society is on women’ This was revealed in an intervention study conducted by Shirkat Gah and launched by the National Commission on the Status of Women (NCSW) on Wednesday. The study identified gaps, obstacles, opportunities and possible solutions for strengthening the health governance for women’s reproductive health and rights (RHR). The “Strengthening Governance in Health System for Reproductive Health and Rights (RHR) in Pakistan: An Intervention Case Study” is based on the findings of a four-year intervention (2014-17) carried out in six districts across four provinces of the country with support from the International Development Support Center (IDRC). The study presents evidence-based recommendations for improved equity, community participation and government responsiveness within health governance system for women’s reproductive health… Read full this story
- Heart attacks rising among young women, study shows
- Study: Lack of Social Life Can Weaken Women's Bones
- Firefox's biggest obstacle is lazy programming
- Social Networks Leak Your Information, Study Says
- College Guys Who Like to Drink and Party Are More Likely to Be Sexually Aggressive Towards Women, Study Finds
- User mindset biggest hurdle to 'do not track'
- Low Vitamin D Could Increase Diabetes Risk in Postmenopausal Women: Study
- Vitamin D may lower colon cancer risk, especially in women, study finds
- Wireless Charging Just Overcame Its Biggest Obstacle
- Is this why people on social media are so angry? Human relationships have lost their “touch”
Social mindset biggest obstacle for women: study have 319 words, post on tribune.com.pk at December 14, 2017. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.