A Dublin hotel and cafe owner has banned social media influencers from his businesses after he shamed a 22-year-old YouTube personality who had asked for a free stay during an upcoming trip in return for publicity.In a Facebook post on Jan 16, Paul Stenson, who owns The White Moose Cafe and Charleville Lodge, wrote a reply to an email sent by UK-based social media influencer Elle Darby.Darby, who has over 87,000 subscribers on her YouTube channel and 76,000 Instagram followers, had asked for a five-night stay at his hotel in return for publicity on YouTube and Instagram.She wrote in her email: “As I was searching for places to stay, I came across your stunning hotel and would love to feature you in my YouTube videos/dedicated Instagram stories/posts to bring traffic to your hotel and recommend others to book up in return for free accommodation.”“Last year I worked with Universal Orlando in Florida and it’s been amazing for them!”As part of his post, Stenson attached a screengrab of Darby’s original email but took the pains to black-out her name and other details.Here’s what he posted:However, online users were quick to suss out that it was Darby and went on to flame… Read full this story
- 6 ways social media influences our health choices
- White House Privately Backchannels Its Coronavirus Messaging To Conservative Social Media Influencers
- Social media influences how judges decide a case: Justice Sikri
- Elyse Knowles opens up on what she hates about social media
- Let us make you a celebrity: Agencies are tapping into the talent of your favourite social media stars
- Doctors using TV and social media to sound the alarm: 'We need masks today'
- 'I'll leave you a million (followers)!' Will-writing company offers new tool to help influencers value and bequeath their lucrative social media accounts - but Instagram argues it's 'against policy'
- Pakistani artistes use social media to urge fans to battle coronavirus
- World Social Media Day: The good and bad of everyone's favourite habit
- The age of social media bragging is over. Now we are too busy knitting
Dublin hotel owner bans all social media influencers after ‘exposing’ one for asking for free 5-night stay have 355 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at January 19, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.