How that will be aligned with the second directive – to meet the demands of an ageing society – is equally vague. The third directive is for all colleges to promote research that leads to practical uses, while the fourth is to merge all disciplines together so that graduates are versatile in all fields. A few days after I read about the deputy minister’s instructions, a more down-to-earth analysis of the country’s education system came from the top administrator of a private institution: Bangkok University president Petch Osathanugrah. He didn’t go as far as to say that higher-education institutions are now facing real crisis. But what he did say suggested that without genuine and thorough reform, we are headed towards major disaster. “In this digital age, things are changing very rapidly. I am afraid that nowadays, students may have better ideas than teachers and faculty members. In terms of digital marketing, for example, some bright students may know more than their instructors,” the university rector told website The Matter. He was asked about what kind of graduates the market now requires – a question that prompted a very “digital” answer: “I am in the business world myself. I can tell… Read full this story
- Irish budget 2019 ‘should focus on indigenous business and higher education’
- Higher Education Boss Handed £550,000 In 'Golden Goodbye'
- Minister slates slow progress on higher education gender equality
- Grants for higher education students from Holbeach area now available
- Equality charity pledges to break down barriers to higher education in Suffolk
- €5m funding boost for higher education
- Decentralization in Turkish higher education?
- Higher education in Ireland needs more resources, warns Ibec
- UEA ranked 23rd in the world by Times Higher Education
- Unconditional offers 'undermine credibility' of higher education, universities minister warns
Imminent shake-up of Thai higher education is inevitable have 298 words, post on www.nationmultimedia.com at January 2, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.