China’s Ant Financial Services Group is planning to raise up to $5 billion in fresh equity that could value the online payments giant at more than $100 billion, people familiar with the move told Reuters.A fundraising would bring Ant, in which e-commerce firm Alibaba Group Holding Ltd is taking a one-third stake, a step closer to a hotly anticipated initial public offering by establishing a more current valuation.Ant’s last fundraising in 2016 valued the owner of Alipay, China’s top online payment platform, at about $60 billion. The new round should start with a valuation of between $80 billion to $100 billion, the people said.Ant is currently in talks to appoint advisers for the fundraising which is expected to be launched in the next couple of months, they added.Ant declined to comment on its fundraising plans. All the people spoke to Reuters on the condition they not be identified due to the sensitivity of the issue.While no timetable for an IPO has been set, nor any location yet chosen, Ant’s plans are being viewed as a pre-IPO fundraising, the people said. A pre-IPO round is an increasingly common move by sought-after Chinese companies to establish valuations and widen their investor base… Read full this story
- Xiaomi Files For IPO, Targets $100 Billion Valuation: Report
- India's top tech company is worth $100 billion
- Trump wants China to cut trade deficit by $200 billion by 2020
- Will Apple, Wal-Mart Be Hit By Trump's Next $100 Billion China Tariffs?
- Trump threatens to slap $100 billion in additional tariffs on China
- Xiaomi targeting $100 billion IPO later this year
- What China Is Planning
- SoftBank consortium will buy Uber shares at a $48 billion valuation, down from $67.5 billion
- Trump raises the specter of trade war with China, floats the possibility of $100 billion in additional tariffs
- Slack climbs ‘unicorn’ ranks with new funding and $3.8 billion valuation
China’s Ant plans equity fundraising at potential $100 billion valuation – Sources have 309 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at February 9, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.