Akari-Adamson University banked on a fiery fourth quarter as it drubbed University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, 101-83, to boost its chase of an outright semifinals spot in the Philippine Basketball Association Developmental League (PBA D-League) Aspirants’ Cup 2018 on Thursday at the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig City. Egie Boy Mojica led the Falcons’ furious run in the final frame, as they improved their win-loss record to 8-2, moving closer to a top two finish. “We became aggressive (in the fourth quarter),” said Pumaren, whose men joined idle Centro Escolar University atop the 12-team standings. Cameroonian big man Papi Sarr paced a balanced Akari-Adamson attack with 16 points while wingman Mojica drilled in 15 markers, pouring nine of those in the pivotal fourth period. Sean Manganti, Jerrick Ahanmisi and Jerom Lastimosa chipped in 14 points apiece for the Falcons, who outgunned the Altas in the closing canto, 31-16. Pumaren drew huge contributions from his second stringers as they outscored Perpetual’s bench, 38-17. “I was surprised with our performance in spite of us groping for form, trying to make a trial and error in our combination. My rookies, they are getting a baptism of fire,” he said.Edgar Charcos fired a… Read full this story
- SEP Oyugis, Falcons in winning starts
- The best KFC SuperCoach 2020 league trophies
- Wayne Rooney rips Premier League's coronavirus response, says players were 'guinea pigs'
- Coronavirus: NRL, Super League and A-League – which sports events are still on amid COVID-19 crisis?
- Hilary Duff goes casual cool in ripped jeans and a grey sweatshirt on errand run in LA... as husband Matthew Koma hits the road again with his band
- Tottenham must recover from Champions League heartache for must-win Manchester United clash
- Justice League: New BTS Photo Gives Close Up Look At Batmobile
- Melbourne City’s slow burn vindicated with W-League premiership
- Rugby league legend Schofield blasts ‘spineless’ bosses for allowing Israel Folau to play
- Burnley vs Tottenham: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time and team news for Premier League match
Falcons rip Perpetual in PBA D-League have 334 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at March 22, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.