Next-generation 5G networking was the big draw at Tokyo Game Show 2019, setting pulses racing with the prospect of a radically more immersive gaming experience. Offering data transmission speeds around 100 times faster than 4G, 5G is expected to enable more seamless imagery with lower latency, more vivid images and sharper motion. Industry experts say it will dramatically improve the quality of augmented and virtual reality games. “It was very smooth, responsive and consistent,” said Omar Alshiji, a 23-year-old game designer from Bahrain, after trying out the fighting game “Tekken” at the NTT Docomo Inc. booth at the four-day game show through Sunday in Chiba. The major Japanese mobile carrier installed 5G base stations at its booth this year, making the high-speed network available at the show. “My country does not have 5G, only 4G so I wanted to try it. It was faster,” Alshiji, also a professional esports player, said. It will also allow for quicker responses from players, a key determining factor in esports competitive gaming, he added. Already available in some areas of the United States and in South Korea, commercial 5G services will begin in Japan next year. Apart from gaming, the technology is expected to… Read full this story
- Mount Everest base camp now offers 5G network
- High-Risk Vendor? Tech Firms Urge UK not to Rely on Huawei in Building 5G Network – Report
- Samsung bets on Xilinx chips for 5G network equipment
- K-Rail Board nod for semi-high speed rail corridor's project report
- Business Insight | Where is the online gaming industry headed amid the coronavirus crisis?
- High-speed rail firm sees growth in revenue, profit
- Fears grow for children addicted to online games
- T-Mobile and Sprint begin combining 5G networks in Philadelphia and New York City
- Shanghai's Lingang Area to realize full coverage of 5G network by 2025
- T-Mobile, Sprint begin merging 5G networks in major cities
High-speed 5G network seen as ready to spur online gaming have 312 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at March 14, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.