‘Really keeping my eyes fixed on North Korea. Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump — those are the brains that we need to pick right now.’ As a longtime CNN viewer, I got to know Kristie Lu Stout by her distinctive style of delivering the news and unique look. The award-winning news anchor became a familiar, reassuring voice of reason guiding viewers through shows like World Report and the current News Stream. The fact that she is half-Asian (Han Chinese on her mother’s side) made her even more interesting and relatable. They say you should never meet your idols because they’re bound to disappoint, but meeting Stout had the opposite effect on me: away from the news desk and standing at her full height of 5’11”, Kristie looks less like a seasoned journalist and more like a fashion model, albeit a highly articulate one. Don’t let her striking looks deceive you, though: she founded a speech-and-debate club in high school and holds both undergraduate and master’s degrees from Stanford University, in journalism and media studies, respectively. She also speaks Mandarin, having studied it at Tsinghua University in Beijing, and the depth of her knowledge on Chinese issues makes her uniquely qualified… Read full this story
- Lady Gaga reveals marriage and starting a family are her top priorities after falling for Michael Polansky: 'I look forward to being a mom'
- Lady Gaga Is Looking Forward to Marriage and Kids in Her Future
- Lady Gaga apologizes to Jimmy Fallon for last week's painfully awkward FaceTime interview: 'We weren’t quite ready yet'
- Lady Gaga apologizes to Jimmy Fallon after awkward interview
- Lady Gaga’s Magazine Photoshoot Is Fascinating And About Dramatic Outfits And Accessories
- Lady Gaga Apologizes to Jimmy Fallon After Awkward 'Tonight Show' Segment
- Lady Gaga Apologizes to Jimmy Fallon After Awkward Video Call-In: 'We Weren't Quite Ready Yet'
- Lady Gaga’s online interview with Jimmy Fallon turns into a nightmare as she refuses to talk
- Lady Gaga Exudes Exotic Vibes In Her Latest Magazine Cover WIth A Bold Pink Make-up
- Lady Gaga is carried to photoshoot after being 'crippled' by elaborate gown
Kristie Lu Stout on fashion, being a half tiger mom and her awkward encounter with Lady Gaga have 356 words, post on www.philstar.com at March 25, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.