Health Two medical experts have urged caution in using a new three-in-one inhaler for chronic lung disease from GlaxoSmithKline, which the company hopes will help it keep its lead in respiratory medicine despite rising competition. 19 Apr 2018 05:05AM Bookmark LONDON: Two medical experts have urged caution in using a new three-in-one inhaler for chronic lung disease from GlaxoSmithKline, which the company hopes will help it keep its lead in respiratory medicine despite rising competition.Trelegy Ellipta was licensed for use last year and full results from a positive clinical trial were published on Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM). A critical accompanying editorial, however, may make some doctors think twice before writing prescriptions.Trelegy is the first once-daily triple medicine for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), putting GSK ahead of rivals such as AstraZeneca and Novartis, and it showed benefits over other treatments in the study.But Dr. Samy Suissa of Canada’s McGill University and NEJM editor Dr. Jeffrey Drazen said the design of GSK’s clinical trial, known as IMPACT, may have artificially inflated its observed effectiveness.”As such, we think that the IMPACT trial falls short of providing the awaited robust evidence to better understand the potential for stepping… Read full this story
- Regulators just approved the first new depression drug since the 1980s, and some see blockbuster potential
- Regulators just approved a new depression drug with the potential to be a game-changer
- A New Flu Drug Was Just Approved by the FDA. It's the First in Nearly 20 Years.
- Corsair Launches 220T RGB Airflow Case With New Fans
- What the approval of the new flu drug Xofluza means for you
- FDA approves a new cancer drug targeted to genetic mutation, not cancer type
- A crop of new depression treatments could yield the first new blockbuster drug in 30 years
- Huge Variations Between Countries in Time for Reimbursement Decisions on New Cancer Drugs
- Supreme Court Takes Major NRA Second Amendment Case from New York
- New Tuberculosis Drug May Shorten Treatment Time for Patients
Experts query case for GlaxoSmithKline's new 3-in-1 lung drug have 340 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at April 19, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.