source Daiana Lorenz/Youtube Ketamine is emerging as a potential new drug for depression – the first of its kind in 35 years. Johnson & Johnson plans to file for FDA approval of a nasal spray formula called esketamine this year. On Saturday, they presented new research suggesting the drug worked well alongside a traditional antidepressant for a month. Like any drug, however, it also had some unpleasant side effects. Other companies are also going after ketamine-inspired antidepressants. Ketamine, which has been called “the most important discovery in half a century,” just got a step closer to becoming the first new depression drug in 35 years. Johnson & Johnson, one of the pharmaceutical companies pursuing the drug’s fast-acting antidepressant qualities, presented some promising new research on Saturday that could raise the drug’s profile as a potential treatment for the condition. It’s a dramatic departure for a compound that most people know either as a surgical anesthetic or a party drug. And it’s a seemingly welcome one, according to physicians and psychiatrists who say they’ve grown tired of giving patients the same mediocre drugs for the past four decades. Johnson & Johnson isn’t the only drugmaker that’s hot on the ketamine trail…. Read full this story
- Half century is the big target for Hampshire fast-bowler Fidel Edwards
- Clarke exit was a big lift for us, says Harte
- Ospreys v Ulster LIVE: Updates after cagey first half as Ulster miss big chance to lead in important PRO14 clash
- Just got personal: Jonathan Rea ramps up 2019 season after leading final two-day test
- 2nd Unofficial Test: Samarth scores half-century in barren encounter vs NZ A
- Agarwal's maiden half-century drives India to 123 for 2
- Shai Hope hits the third fastest half-century in T20I cricket
- Cheteshwar Pujara and Virat Kohli frustrate Australia with half-centuries on grinding start to Boxing Day Test
- Serene Kohli half-century ensures drawn series
- Facebook, OkCupid research raises new ethical questions in use of 'big data'
A depression drug that researchers have called ‘the most important discovery in half a century’ just got a big lift have 332 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at May 5, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.