Santhana last week tried to prevent police from conducting an in-depth search of shops at New Don Muang Market, which had become the focus of a probe after police received reports that unlicensed cosmetics and food supplements were being sold there. Police said they would file charges against Santhana for allegedly insulting an officer and allegedly attempting to obstruct the raid. A fifth search of the market on Sunday by hundreds of police and officials led to the seizure of more than 300,000 items of allegedly substandard products. Police announced they will lay five charges against the market operator, including charges related to encroaching on the Prem Prachakorn Canal and modifying buildings without permission. Although the market operator has leased a large plot of land from the Treasury Department, an inspection by authorities revealed the market operator had also constructed a building that overlaps the adjacent canal. The operator has been ordered to remove the encroaching structure within 15 days. Tourist Police Bureau deputy head Maj-General Surachet Hakpan, led officers on the Monday morning office raid backed by a court-issued arrest warrant. Surachet said police and related officials were looking for more evidence about the company, adding that a number… Read full this story
- Jussie Smollett Case: Police Raid Home of Two 'Persons of Interest'
- Lawsuit: Chicago police raid ruined 4-year-old boy's birthday party
- Wilbraham Police raid hotel room, find 3,000 pills, crack cocaine, heroin and more
- Police raid Barre City home in drug investigation
- Accused police vice officer pleads not guilty in court
- Portland police ignored officer’s blunders during foot chase that led to fatal shooting, expert finds
- Milford police remember officer killed 31 years ago
- Russian Police Raid Scientology Offices, Accusing Church of Siphoning Millions of Dollars Back to U.S.
- Attorneys say 3 Little Rock residents' charges dropped after 'no-knock' police raids
- Michigan AG reopens investigation of deadly police raid in Detroit
Police raid offices of ex-Special Branch officer in cosmetics crackdown have 315 words, post on www.nationmultimedia.com at May 7, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.