Member Center:Create Account|Log InManage Account|Log Out HOMEMobile AlertsKPLC TV LinksKPLC Gas Price TrackerHurricane CenterRight This Minute Video CoverageU.S. & World NewsNewsTop Video ClipsLegal CornerThe New Family TreeHometown Heroes7 On Your SideSlideshowsConsider ThisWEATHERLatest river stages, forecastsHurricane CenterFirst Alert Allergen IndexMarine Forecast and Tide TimesFishing & Hunting ForecastNational Weather ServiceKPLC Personal ForecastProgramming a Midland Weather RadioBen’s FacebookWade’s FacebookTrafficSPORTSTouchdown LiveLSUSEC FootballMcNeese State SportsSaints and NFLHigh School SportsSports Person Of The WeekOutdoorsCrimeSkyCamsHEALTHThe New Family TreeTV ListingsContestsAbout UsContact KPLCRequest a copy of a news storyJobs at KPLCKPLC InternshipsKPLC Production ProfileRaycom MediaCW Senate to consider House-approved budget plan 2018-05-11T12:31:57Z2018-05-11T12:31:57ZBy Dakota [email protected](Source: KPLC) BATON ROUGE, LA (KPLC) – The Senate will start considering the House’s new state budget plan today that calls for huge cuts to several aspects of health care.Around 37,000 Medicaid recipients in Louisiana will soon receive a letter that was sent yesterday telling them their benefits are at risk and may be lost by July 1.Over half of those people are currently in nursing homes, which seem to be the group suffering the most from the new budget plan.The House has approved the plan that would cut just under 2 billion dollars of health care funding.On top of the Medicaid cuts, the state would also have… Read full this story
- Virginia's Republican-led House approves state budget that would expand Medicaid
- Vote-a-Rama Ends with Passage of Senate FY 2014 Budget Resolution
- The Latest: Teachers come to Kansas Capitol to support plan
- The Latest: Kansas lawmakers pass $534M school funding plan
- Northam presses advantage as General Assembly convenes to settle budget dispute
- House Democrats introduce plan to re-open the government
- Disappointed Donald Trump picks compromise candidate to lead Homeland Security after TWENTY Republican senators said they would vote against border hard-liner Ken Cuccinelli
- New York State Budget Negotiations Contemplate Private Equity Investment Into Hospitals…Again
- Massachusetts Legislature Considers Unemployment Insurance Reform and Minimum Wage Increase
- Budget Control Act of 2011: What to Expect From Congress' 'Super Committee'
Senate to consider House-approved budget plan have 339 words, post on www.kplctv.com at May 11, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.