It looks like nothing more than a sweet moment between a parent and their child. But apparently, giving your child a kiss on their lips could be causing more harm than good. Experts say it could lead to serious health risks and infections and are warning people to stop doing it. According to celebrity dentist Dr Richard Marques, baby teeth are not strong enoguh to fight against bacteria that comes from other people’s saliva. He told the Independent: “The enamel is much thinner on baby teeth. It is not as strong as adult enamel so is more likely to decay. It [the bacteria] can even affect the soft tissues and gums before the baby teeth have developed.” “Saliva transfer from parent to child is a risk as this can spread bacteria (such as streptococcus mutans) from adult to child.” Parents should also refrain from sharing cutlery with their kids or blowing on their food to cool it down and keep their toothbrushes a distance away from anyone else’s to reduce contamination. Children aged two and three should visit the dentist every six months.
- BBC receive 'more than 100' complaints after airing CBBC's first ever same sex kiss in teen dance drama The Next Step
- Big Brother finale sends housemates into same-sex kissing frenzy as Casey Mazzucchelli locks lips with Talia Rycroft... and the boys joined in too
- Sunny Leone Locks Lip With Girl In Ragini MMS 2!
- SAY WHAT? Ex-Bigg Boss Contestants Sapna Bhavnani & VJ Bani 'Kissing' In Public; Video Goes Viral!
- Yazmin Oukhellou and James Lock CONFIRM they're back on as they lovingly kiss and hold hands during TOWIE filming... one year after split
- Heather Locklear's daughter Ava Sambora, 22, looks smitten with her boyfriend Tyler Farrar as she shares a photo of them kissing: 'I love ya'
- Moving on from Marco? Topless Laura Carter passionately kisses Evelyn Ellis in erotic hot tub display after causing outrage by appearing to have sex on Big Brother
- Ayda Field kisses husband Robbie Williams as they celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary... after having to postpone their vow renewal
- Broadway star Brent Carver who won a Tony in Kiss Of The Spider Woman dies at 68 in Canadian hometown
- 7th Heaven star Beverley Mitchell announces she has welcomed third child after suffering miscarriage: 'She has captured our hearts'
Why you shouldn't kiss your child on the lips have 390 words, post on www.watfordobserver.co.uk at May 2, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.