caption Texas is getting more expensive. source Sean Pavone/Shutterstock A big cost of living increase hit the middle class in some American cities. To live comfortably, the average person should earn twice as much as their yearly expenses. In these 20 cities, the income required to live comfortably increased at least 23% between 2017 and 2018. Staying comfortable at home with a stable budget is challenging in cities where the cost of living increases faster than your pay check. In its latest report, GOBankingRates found the US cities where cost of living is rising the fastest for the middle class. The list was determined by the average person’s ability to “live comfortably,” or abide by the 50-30-20 plan. The 50-30-20 plan means spending 50% of your income on necessities like food and transportation, 30% on splurges like entertainment or bar hopping, and putting the remaining 20% toward savings or paying off debt. To successfully follow the 50-30-20 rule, a person would need to earn twice as much as their yearly expenses. GOBankingRates compared the income amounts needed to live comfortably in 2017 and 2018 – based on costs including rent, groceries, utilities, transportation, and healthcare – to find the cities… Read full this story
- The Urban-Rural Divide Matters More Than Red Versus Blue State
- 'I wouldn't be the refugee, I'd be the girl who kicked ass': how taekwondo made me
- FMIA: Ten Educated Guesses On All The 2020 Offseason QB Movement
- My uncle and heroin: ‘What surprises me most – you have no teeth’
- Movies on TV this week: Sunday, Feb. 16, 2020: ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington’ and more
- The 50 best shows on Netflix right now
- A day in the new Porsche Macan, an SUV that wants to race
- Night fever: Glastonbury revellers kick off festival's first evening with record temperatures forecast during a scorching weekend
- Millennial Women Made LuLaRoe Billions. Then They Paid The Price.
20 American cities where life is quickly getting more expensive for the middle class have 312 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at June 8, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.