HONG KONG (AFP) – A woman was charged with murder Thursday (June 28) over the fatal shooting of two elderly relatives in a brazen daylight attack in Hong Kong, a city with a reputation for safety. The attack at Quarry Bay Park in eastern Hong Kong Island followed an alleged dispute over the sharing out of inheritance money from a HK$8 million (S$1.4 million) apartment. Ada Tsim, 44, who is reported to have worked as a bodyguard in mainland China, is accused of gunning down two uncles and two aunts in a park on Tuesday using a semi-automatic pistol. She faces two counts of murder and two counts of shooting with intent to do grievous bodily harm. Her 62-year-old uncle died in hospital Wednesday, while an 80-year-old aunt died Tuesday, hours after the attack. Two other relatives were injured and are still in hospital. The four victims were all siblings. Bespectacled and dressed in a red windbreaker, Tsim appeared at Eastern Magistrates’ Courts on Thursday afternoon. Police recovered a gun with five bullets left in the chamber and a box of 41 bullets from Tsim’s trousers after she was arrested in a nearby shopping mall shortly after the attack, the… Read full this story
- Pro-government Protesters Denounce Hong Kong 'Rioters'
- Hong Kong police to stage riot drills to prepare for Xi Jinping visit
- Hong Kong's push to allow extraditions to China prompts protests
- Hong Kong riot police carry out dawn raid on university after battle with protesters
- Protesters and police clash in Hong Kong after peaceful march
- Seeking the right balance for Hong Kong's future
- Hong Kong independence activists sentenced to four weeks' jail
- China replaces top Hong Kong envoy after months of unrest
- Disneyland Hong Kong Debuts Ant-Man Ride Concept Art
- Hong Kong protest reporter, Indonesian citizen journalist Yuli Riswati, deported after detention
Hong Kong park shooting: Female bodyguard charged with murder have 304 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at June 28, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.