MANILA — “Respeto,” an independent film about the world of underground Pinoy hip-hop, led the winners of the 41st Gawad Urian with four trophies, including the top acting prize for rapper Abra. The awards ceremony, held at the ABS-CBN Vertis Tent in Quezon City Thursday, gathered the best in filmmaking in the past year, as determined by the Manunuri ng Pelikulang Pilipino. Abra, whose Best Actor trophy from the organization was a career first, joined other creatives behind “Respeto” as winners of the night. The film by Treb Monteras II also won Best Editing and Best Sound. Abra’s co-star, Dido de la Paz, received the Best Supporting Actor award. Trailing “Respeto” with two awards each were the musical “Ang Larawan,” with best actress winner Joanna Ampil; and “Balangiga: Howling Wilderness,” which took the Best Picture prize. Here is the complete list of winners of this year’s Gawad Urian: Best Film “Balangiga: Howling Wilderness” – WINNER “Birdshot” “Bhoy Intsik” “The Chanters” “Respeto” “Tu Pug Imatuy” Best Director Arnel Barbarona, “Tu Pug Imatuy” – WINNER Sigrid Andrea P. Bernardo, “Kita Kita” Khavn De La Cruz, “Balangiga: Howling Wilderness” Joel Lamangan, “Bhoy Intsik” James Robin M. Mayo, “The Chanters” Treb Monteras II, “Respeto”… Read full this story
- PS4 News: PlayStation Awards 2018 Winners Announced
- Blurton Leads Jerry Soderburg Memorial Winners
- New car sales for January 2018: winners and losers
- Kentucky Derby 2018 Winner: Texas Woman Collects $1.2 Million From $18 Bet On Horse Races
- F1 Preview – 2018 British Grand Prix
- F1 Preview – 2018 Austrian Grand Prix
- F1 Preview – 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix
- F1 Preview – 2018 Belgian Grand Prix
- Droom Pre-Owned Auto Awards 2018
- MLB MVP Betting Odds: Who Will Win In The NL And AL In 2018?
News Abra, 'Respeto' lead Gawad Urian 2018 winners have 276 words, post on news.abs-cbn.com at June 14, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.