Sharon Marris and David Mercer, news reportersWith Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un’s summit looming, Sky News looks at the details of the historic meeting and what each leader hopes to achieve from their first face-to-face talks.The basicsThe leaders of the United States and North Korea have arrived in Singapore, where they are scheduled to meet on Tuesday at 9am local time (2am BST).They will stage their summit at the five-star Capella Hotel on the resort island of Sentosa, which is fully booked on 11 and 12 June.They are expected to enter their meeting room at the same time but through different doors – an important requirement because it avoids the appearance that one leader has arrived first and is waiting for the other. Advertisement Meanwhile, the 3,000 journalists expected to cover the summit are working from the F1 Pit Building in downtown Singapore.Security A special zone has been declared for all of Sentosa and more than half a mile off its southwestern shore.People and vehicles entering the area will be subject to bag and body searches and may be asked to show identification details.Drones, flags, banners, signal flares and flammable materials are banned.Singaporean newspaper The Straits Times reported that… Read full this story
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s surrogate is ‘a married African-American college graduate with two children’
- Trump, on possibility of N.Korea talks, says: 'Who knows where it leads?'
- Trump says Chinese leader 'helpful' on Kim Jong Un meeting
- Who is Dennis Rodman, how did ex-NBA star become friends with Kim Jong-un and why is he visiting North Korea?
- Russia is ‘behind’ the White House’s wild claim that GCHQ tapped Donald Trump’s office, say top spies
- Action man Donald certainly Trumps inaction man Obama after Syria missile strike
- Donald Trump warns "worldwide threat" Kim Jong-un that US is prepared to use full military power to defend itself and its allies
- Kim Jong-un is a bad guy but he’s no James Bond villain, says North Korea expert
- Donald Trump warns North Korea is in ‘grave danger’ as he blasts ‘sinister’ Kim Jong-un for threatening the world with nukes
- Donald Trump tweets Kim Jong Un 'short and fat' jibe, offers East Asia mediation
Trump-Kim: Everything you need to know have 378 words, post on news.sky.com at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.