E-cigarette start-up Juul is raising $1.2 billion against a $15 billion valuation — which will up the company’s worth to more than $16 billion, Bloomberg reported last week. Why is it so valuable? Selling nicotine has been a good business model for a long time, and Juul is making a product that delivers nicotine like a cigarette. Verge video director Christian Mazza started vaping after he quit the cigarettes he’d smoked for 15 years. At first, he didn’t like the Juul compared to the low-nicotine e-cigs he started with. But over time, he says, “It just sort of took over, and everything else just got put away in a shelf — and the Juul became the daily driver.” It’s tiny, discreet, and the e-cig liquid doesn’t leak. Plus, he says, “I don’t know what’s going on on a molecular level, but it hits smoother and it’s a lot more satisfying when you’re craving that nicotine.” Dieter Bohn, The Verge’s executive editor, agrees. “I do feel the hit of the nicotine much more strongly than I do with other e-cigs,” he says. “The fact that the nicotine appears to feel a little more effective or direct than other vapes means, for… Read full this story
- 5 Reasons WhatsApp Is Worth $19 Billion to Facebook (and Two Reasons It’s Not)
- Senate GOP and White House strike deal on $16 billion for coronavirus testing
- GM says it can pay off $16 billion loan if U.S. recovery continues
- Australia fast-tracks $16 billion solar power export project
- Australia fast-tracks ambitious $16 billion solar power export project
- Obama says marijuana should be treated like 'cigarettes or alcohol'
- Vaping, e-cigarettes linked with cardiovascular disease
- Like A Boss: Bandhan Bank’s Chandra Shekhar Ghosh on his management style, the best place to prepare for leadership and more
- How Sprint’s new boss lost $70 billion of his own cash (and still stayed rich)
- 300,000 cigarettes and 200kg of tobacco allegedly found in Melbourne raid
Why is Juul worth $16 billion? It’s more like a cigarette than you think have 329 words, post on www.theverge.com at July 2, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.