Rep. Al Green (D-TX) said on Thursday that President Donald Trump must resign or face impeachment not because he committed any crimes but because Trump is “harming society.” “This is a very sad time in the history of our country. This is not something that I enjoy talking about, nor is it something that I would like to do,” Green said on Democracy Now. “But I think it’s becoming increasingly clear that the president will have two options: One, he can resign from office, or, two, he can face impeachment.”Green, who introduced articles of impeachment against Trump last year, insisted that Trump “does not have to commit a crime to be impeached.” “In fact, the president is not likely to be indicted, which means he’s not likely to be found guilty of a crime while he’s sitting, which means that if this comes before the House, it won’t come before the House as a president who has been found guilty, but rather as a president who is alleged to have committed certain offenses that are onerous to the Constitution and that harm society,” Green said. “And what this president is doing is harming society.” Green claimed that Trump and former… Read full this story
- Trump 'could be impeached if evidence shows he obstructed Mueller'
- Biden says Trump will be impeached if he blocks probes
- Trump likes Pelosi impeachment statement
- UK local council to Donald Trump: No ducks were harmed in spy poisoning
- Under Donald Trump, Fed faces politicization
- Donald Trump's face appears in smashed wall of Sussex man's garden
- Donald Trump's face appears in smashed wall of Glynde man's garden
- Trump's Face Printed on TOILET PAPER Prompts Twitterstorm
- Trump: Mexico Facing Potential 25% Tariff on Car Imports to US
- Ronan Curtis’ Wembley chances ‘looking good’ after being given green light to face Sunderland
Al Green: Trump Must ‘Resign’ or ‘Face Impeachment’ for ‘Harming Society’ have 310 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.