SAMSUNG is set on retaining its status as the number one best selling smartphone maker in the world with its 2018 offerings.
When was the Samsung Galaxy S9 released?
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is the flagship phone for 2018 from Apple’s biggest rival and was released March 16, 2018.
The S9 is the most attractive phone the firm has ever produced, boasting a svelte 8.5mm body that feels great in the hand.
It’s also got a huge 5.8-inch Quad HD curved Super AMOLED display that fills most of the phone’s front – and it looks great.
You can get Samsung’s phone in two different size versions. The normal Galaxy S9 has a 5.8-inch screen, while the more expensive Galaxy S9+ has a bigger 6.2-inch display.
Both versions of the phone are powered by Samsung’s speedy Exynos chip and it boasts a generous 4GB of RAM with either 64GB or 256GB of storage.
Samsung Galaxy S9 specs
The tech specs in detail…
- Screen: 5.8-inch QHD Curved Super AMOLED display
- Chip: Samsung Exynos octa-core processor (64-bit, 2.7GHz)
- RAM: 4 gigabytes
- Storage: 64 / 256 gigabytes
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Dimensions: 147.7 x 67.8 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 163 grams
- Waterproof: Yes (IP68)
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel (f/1.5-f/2.4) with OIS
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel (f/1.7)
- Price: £739
What are the Samsung Galaxy S9’s key features?
These are the key features to look out for:
- New camera software – Last year’s Galaxy S8 used to take three photos at once, and then combine them to make an awesome snap. The Galaxy S9 beats this by taking 12 photos in one go, making for an incredible final shot.
- Super slow-mo – The Galaxy S9 can record slow-mo footage at an incredible 960 frames per second. That means 0.2 seconds of recording turns into 6 seconds of playback.
- AR Emoji – This is similar to Apple’s Animoji feature, and lets you match your facial movements to cartoon creations. You can also 3D scan your face and create your own personalised emoji.
- Bixby Vision – Samsung’s AI tech lets you point your phone camera at a foreign-language sign or menu and instantly translate it into English text. You can also scan food or buildings and get calorie or location information – awesome.
- Tuned Audio – AKG has worked with Samsung to tune the audio on the Galaxy S9 for louder, crisper and clearer sound. But the new phones also support Dolby Atmos 360-degree surrounded sound, which works really well in our experience.
When will the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 be released?
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is set to be launched August 9, in Brooklyn, New York, a couple of months before Apple’s latest iPhone.
Samsung’s ‘Note’ smartphones are generally the company’s most powerful and impressive devices.
They’re built for power users who want top performance, and who are willing to spend a lot of money on their new device.
It’s also the line of phones that produced the Galaxy Note 7, which was eventually scrapped after it kept bursting into flames.
What will be the Samsung Galaxy Note 9’s key features?
Speaking to The Sun, top mobile expert Daniel Ives revealed his predictions for the Galaxy Note 9 design and specs, they include:
- Fingerprint Scanner – Samsung’s recent leak has shown that despite other makers deciding to remove fingerprint identification, Samsung are retaining the feature and the scanner will be moved to beneath the rear camera, rather than having it sit alongside the lenses.
- All-Glass Screen – It’s becoming much more popular to fill the front of smartphones with the screen, reducing the bezel to near non-existence. Samsung will likely stretch its ‘Infinity Display’ even further, filling out almost all of the Note 9’s tough glass exterior with the screen.
- Advanced Camera Features – The Note 9 will almost certainly have a dual-lens camera, which should provide great zoom, low-light image capture, and better depth-of-field. There’s also a spiffing yellow S-Pen stylus that slots into the phone’s bottom, which will be great fun for budding artists and militant note-takers.
- Facial Recognition Technology – Apple wowed the tech world with its Face ID feature on the iPhone X. We’re likely to see this on the Galaxy Note 9. Samsung already offers an iris scanner – which authenticates your identity by scanning your eyes – on Note phones, but there’s no proper 3D-mapped Face ID rival on a Samsung phone just yet.
- Storage boost – It also appears Samsung is loading its Galaxy Note 9 with an incredible 1TB (or terabyte) of storage – half of which comes from a microSD card.
Massive ‘rogue’ planet with mysterious ‘glow’ discovered drifting through space
Brit sex robot firm first to offer £25-per-month finance deal on dirty droids
CORE OF THE PROBLEM?
Apple engineer says pressure to design iPhone is reason I’m divorced
You pulling ma lig?
What happened to Ninja and did he really die from ligma?
August’s free games are just around the corner
Fortnite PC players locked out of game by Norton antivirus update
Samsung Galaxy S9 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9 – what are the key differences?
Samsung Galaxy S9’s camera was the focal point surrounding its release which has ramped up expectations for the Note 9’s.
The Note 9 will almost certainly have a dual-lens camera, which should provide greater zoom, low-light image capture, and better depth-of-field.
The fingerprint scanner will also be moved to beneath the rear camera to stop the lens being automatically smudged, a common complaint about the Galaxy S9.
The Samsung S-Pen has also been teased as having dramatic improvements and the company’s artificial intelligent assistant Bixby is set for another update.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 review: The best big Android smartphone, but can it win over Apple fans?
- Samsung Galaxy X revealed? These ‘folding phone’ concept designs look incredible
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Leaked videos, price, specs and every rumour so far
- Flaw in Samsung Galaxy S7 phones could allow hackers to spy on tens of millions of users
- A four-camera smartphone? What you need to know about new Samsung A9
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 review: 4 reasons to buy the new phone
- Samsung's new Galaxy Note 9 smartphone will set you back £1,000
- First look: the new features in the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phone
- Woman sues Samsung after Galaxy Note 9 ‘burst into flames’ inside her purse – despite CEO promise that phone WOULDN’T explode
- BR Analysis. Smartphones getting 'smarter' but also pricier
- Samsung Anniversary Sale: Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, and More Get Discounts, Offers
- Samsung forecasts record profit thanks to strong chip demand
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 announced with 6.4-inch screen, up to 512GB storage and new S Pen stylus
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with a KILOGRAM of gold on the back on sale for £45,000
- Samsung unveils bizarre new phone with 'world's first quad camera'
- Another Samsung phone ‘went up in flames’ after user claims handset EXPLODED in his kitchen
- Samsung Galaxy A9 revealed with FOUR cameras on the back – here’s what they do
- Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphones could be vulnerable to hacking
- Samsung Fixed Its Folding Phone. But It’s Still Not Ready for Most
Samsung Galaxy S9 vs Galaxy Note 9 – what is the best smartphone to buy and what are the new features have 1196 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 6, 2018. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.