Pictures of West Notts students celebrating their A-levels West Nottinghamshire College students are “very happy and surprised” with their A-level results. Students at the college on Derby Road, Mansfield, collected their results today, Thursday, August 16. The college has announced that the students achieved an overall pass rate of 99.7 per cent.Which means that there is an one per cent increase on last year’s results and above this year’s national pass rate of 97.6 per cent. Dame Asha Khemka, Principal and chief executive said: “This is the second year that our A-level students have been tested under the revised, even tougher system, and despite widespread talk about the impact this could have on high grades and pass rates nationally, once again they have risen to the challenge and performed extremely well under such rigorous conditions. “It’s particularly pleasing that the number of students achieving A*-B high grades has increased significantly, which means even more are meeting the criteria of selective universities. “All this means our students are extremely well prepared for their next steps, whether progressing to university, an apprenticeship or other employment. Their hard work and application, together with the support offered at the college, has given them the confidence and desire… Read full this story
- West Notts College appoints new chair of governors to steady the ship
- Former principal of West Notts College claimed over £40k in expenses
- The top 10 schools for A Level results in 2018 have been revealed
- Which Merseyside schools and colleges had the best A Level results?
- West Notts College one of best in country for A-level progress
- Two dozen jobs at risk as West Notts College reveal nursery to close
- Gogglebox star gives tips to media students at West Notts College
- Call for university applications to be made after A-level results
- Romanian student receives royal prize from Queen for outstanding A-level results
- Secondary school league tables: Search for the top schools for A-level results
Students celebrate A-level results at West Nottinghamshire College have 326 words, post on www.chad.co.uk at August 16, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.