A beach on the coast of Cape Cod has been closed after a swimmer was bitten by a shark, officials said. Interested in Shark Attacks? Add Shark Attacks as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Shark Attacks news, video, and analysis from ABC News. Shark Attacks Add Interest The coastal town of Truro announced that Longnook Beach has been closed to swimming due to the shark attack on Wednesday afternoon.(MORE: 2 people injured in apparent shark attacks at same Florida beach) The 61-year-old man was located about 30 yards off shore in the water when he was bitten, Truro police said in a statement. Witnesses nearby attempted to stop the bleeding, Kerstin Peter Leitner, a graduate from the Connell School of Nursing at Boston College, told ABC News Affiliate WCVB. “We grabbed all the towels that we could, put them on him to stop the bleeding,” Leitner said. No one in the area had cellphone service, so someone had to run to a nearby home to call 911, witness Molly Tobin, another nursing school graduate, told the station. The victim was treated and transported to the Marconi Site helispot in Wellfleet and then flown via helicopter… Read full this story
- A man was bitten by a shark off Cape Cod. Here’s what we know.
- Man bitten by shark off Cape Cod identified, still in serious condition
- Massachusetts State Police spot shark on Cape Cod, warn swimmers
- Man Bitten by Shark Off Cape Cod
- Swimmer bitten by shark at Cape Cod beach, police say
- New York man attacked by shark in Cape Cod
- Shark attacks Cape Cod swimmer, leaves puncture marks
- Man apparently bitten by shark at Cape Cod beach
- Pirates hijack oil tanker off the coast of Somalia, officials say
- Explosion heard from ship off the coast of Somalia, official says
Swimmer bitten by shark off coast of Cape Cod, officials say have 308 words, post on abcnews.go.com at August 15, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.