Instagram co-founders Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger are leaving the smartphone photo-sharing service bought by Facebook six years ago for a billion dollars, the New York Times reported late Monday citing unnamed sources. Systrom and Krieger have resigned from their posts as chief executive and chief technology officer respectively, not giving reasons and saying they planned to take time off, according to the Times. Facebook did not respond to a request for comment. Instagram in June announced it passed a billion active users, and unveiled a new long-form video feature in a bid to attract “creators” like those on YouTube. It became the fourth Facebook platform to eclipse the billion-user mark, including the namesake social network with more than two billion users, and the messaging applications WhatsApp and Messenger. Facebook acquired Instagram in April 2012 for a combination of cash and stock worth some $1 billion at the time. Instagram has been a hit with young internet users, an audience that Facebook is keen to keep in its fold. The departures come as Facebook grapples with the worst crisis in its history, vilified for not more zealously guarding information users share at the leading online social network. Many see Facebook… Read full this story
- Instagram co-founders resign to explore 'creativity again'
- The Latest: Graham says Barr will ‘do well’ in Senate vote
- Strange bedfellows: How a South Florida Democrat became the darling of the alt-right
- Kids sue state of Florida for action on climate change. DeSantis wants suit dismissed
- Pete Buttigieg's Chick-fil-A remarks draw reaction from LGBTQ community
- Ryan Zinke Ignores Wildlife Experts To Tap Montana Ally, Fellow Hunter For Conservation Advice
- Bigfoot Porn Has Become A Major Controversy In A U.S. House Race. Seriously.
- The last statesman: Can Jon Huntsman, Jr. keep the art of diplomacy alive in the time of President Trump?
- U.S. government shutdown looms as lawmakers seek last-minute compromise
- Girls Are Bearing the Brunt of a Rise in US Cyberbullying
Instagram co-founders resigning: report have 329 words, post on en.rfi.fr at September 24, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.