Top 5 / Top 10
Jamshedpur FC will look to go all guns blazing in this season of the Indian Super League especially after missing out so narrowly last time around.
They have been in the news for all the right season lately starting from their Spain Pre-season tour to the Tim Cahill transfer to the 1-0 win against an Athletico ‘B’ Side.
Combining to a number of feathers that they hold in their cap here’s a list of 5 reasons on what makes them as one of the serious contenders for this season of ISL.
#1 Smart retentions from the previous season
Jamshedpur FC this season has been very smart with the retentions of their foreign and Indian Players.
In terms of the foreigners, they have been able to offload the likes of Tridade, Belfort, Doutie who took a major chunk of the salary cap and have instead retained Tiri and Memo who have been clinical for the JFC last season.
Even though they would have liked to retain Wellington in the midfield, who, despite signing a contract extension initially, decided to part ways. They would still be happy to retain the services of two of their most important players.
As far as the Indian signings are concerned they have been able to retain the notable services of Subrata Paul, Bikash Jairu and Robin Gurung.
Jerry, Farukh Choudhary and Sumit Passi have also stayed with the club, three of whom are looked upon as future prospects in Indian Football and have equally been crucial for the club last season.
They have also secured the signing of Michael Soosairaj who is a much sought after talent in the country.
It will also be interesting to see how Ferrando decides to rotate his players in different positions.
Topics you might be interested in:
Fetching more content…
Fetching more content…
- ISL 2020-21: Mumbai City FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- ISL 2020-21: NorthEast United FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- ISL 2020-21: Bengaluru FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- ISL 2020-21: Jamshedpur FC vs FC Goa: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- ISL 2020-21: Mumbai City vs Jamshedpur FC: Profligate Mumbai fail to crack open 10-man Jamshedpur
- ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Hyderabad FC: Vicuna's changes work as Kerala rise to grab first win
- ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Hyderabad FC: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC and SC East Bengal FC: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- ISL 2020-21: Mumbai City FC vs Hyderabad FC: Mumbai inflict first defeat of the season on Hyderabad
- ISL 2020-21: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- ISL | Aniket gives Jamshedpur FC full points
- Viettel FC win National U21 football championship
- Neville and Carragher both pick Liverpool to win title this season but Man Utd icon thinks Chelsea WON’T reach top four
- IND vs AUS 2020: Mitchell Starc Feels Upcoming Tests Against India is a Chance to Rectify Mistakes from Last Series in 2018-19
- IND vs AUS: India were better than Australia in 2018-19, admits Mitchell Starc
- One in five professional rugby union players in England had a concussion during the 2018-19 season
- 10 Giants from 2010: Buster Posey reflects on great rookie season, winning title at 23
- Jamshedpur hand NorthEast season’s first defeat in ISL’s landmark 500th game
- ISL 2020-21: Jamshedpur halt NorthEast United's winning streak
- ISL 2020-21: JFC vs FCG: Angulo brilliance hands Gaurs early Christmas present against Jamshedpur
ISL 2018-19: 5 reasons why Jamshedpur FC will win the title have 579 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at September 24, 2018. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.