JEFF Brazier said his new wife Kate Dwyer had saved him and his two sons as he opened up about their wedding for the first time.
The couple tied the knot in Portugal last week with Bobby and Freddy, Jeff’s sons from his relationship with late TV star Jade Goody, acting as his best men.
Jeff explained: “I’m so happy to marry Kate, who has brought so much stability to my life.
“This isn’t just any wedding, this is a really special one.
“It doesn’t just represent Kate and I putting rings on each other’s fingers. It represents the fact that we won at something really tricky. We won at becoming a family.”
He added: “Before it was just three boys rattling around in a house on our own, trying to get through life. Then Kate came along and worked so hard at making us complete.
“She hasn’t just completed one person, she’s completed a family and given three boys a real sense of belonging.”
Bobby, 15, and 14-year-old Freddy also spoke fondly of Kate and said they loved her because she makes Jeff so happy.
Freddy said: “Dad always said, ‘I want to get married one day – I want to find a nice girl. And he’s found that girl who he’s going to live with for the rest of his life.”
Bobby added: “One of the biggest things for Fred and I is that Kate makes our dad happy.
“Which is so special and reassuring for us to see.”
Jeff raised the boys alone after Jade lost her battle with cervical cancer in 2009, at the age of 27.
Kate was welcomed into their family when she started dating Jeff in 2013 and called their wedding day the happiest moment of her life.
Simon Cowell sparks fears after pulling out as the best man at pal’s wedding
Bodyguard boss plotting FOUR spin-offs after epic nail-biting smash-hit finale
Katie Price’s dad moves into motorhome outside her £2m mansion during rehab stay
Campaigners call for Susannah to be axed from Strictly for being pro-hunting
LOVING ANGELS INSTEAD
Robbie Williams’ dad, 69, dumped by wife, 44, for star’s younger mate
Cheryl finally ‘moves out of Liam Payne’s mansion’ & eyes up swanky £3.75m house
She explained: “Jeff is the most amazing man I have ever met and I could not wait to be able to call him my husband.
“I have also had the privilege of seeing first-hand what an incredible job he has done raising the boys, so I know I couldn’t ask for a better father for any future children we might have.”
You can read Jeff and Kate’s interview in Hello! Magazine, out now.
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Learn From These Redditors' Wedding Day Regrets
- I Can’t Imagine My Wedding Day Without You Sitting There Uncomfortably At A Table Full Of People You Don’t Know
- Skoda Kodiaq RS Bringing Its New Logo To The Paris Auto Show
- David N. Mowry (1941-2019): "What does one say about the teacher who saved your life?" (guest post by Jack Weinstein)
- Chris Pratt & Katherine Schwarzenegger's Wedding Day Photos
- Jeff Bezos Says He’s Choosing Amazon HQ2 Location With His Heart
- Woman Shows Up Alive 13 Days After Her Funeral
- BBC News appoints its first LGBT correspondent who says new role is 'dream come true'
- BBC announces former Today assistant editor John Neal new editor for The Andrew Marr Show
- MLB's Melvin Upton Says His Wife Made Him Change His Name, She Likes B.J.