[Update, Sept 14]:
The driver of a Maserati which was caught for speeding and reckless driving has been identified as a National University of Singapore Geography lecturer.
According to a Lianhe Zaobao report on Friday (Sept 14), the 49-year-old man graduated from NUS in 1992 and obtained his doctorate from England in 1995. He has held a professorship in NUS since 2005, reported Zaobao. -AsiaOne
A man has been arrested in connection to a case of a Maserati driver caught on camera speeding, going against traffic and driving recklessly before stopping in front of a lorry, said the police in response to a Stomp query on Sept 12.
Said the police in their reply: “The police confirm a report was lodged.
“The car driver, a 49-year-old man, has been arrested for dangerous driving.
“Investigations are ongoing.”
On Sept 11, Stomp published an article of the incident, with videos shared by several contributors. The incident happened along Lorong Chuan near the Singapore Australian School at about 1.10pm on Sept 7.
In the video, the driver of the Maserati was seen speeding while trying to overtake a lorry on a two-lane road, before running over a road divider and going against traffic.
During the incident, the driver nearly crashed into a traffic light and oncoming vehicles.
The Maserati then stopped in front of the lorry.
The same video was also posted on Facebook page Beh Chia Lor – Singapore Road.
Apparently, this was not the first time the Maserati driver was caught on camera driving in a reckless manner.
Facebook user Derrick Love Ginnie Gan posted a video in a Facebook comment on Beh Chia Lor – Singapore Road which showed the same Maserati tailgating a car, before overtaking on a merging lane.
It is unclear where and when the second incident happened.
Stomp contributor Tan also alerted Stomp today (Sept 13) to another incident involving the same driver apparently two years ago.
The incident was caught on camera and uploaded on Beh Chia Lor – Singapore Road.
The video, shot via a helmet camera of a biker, shows the Maserati honking at the biker from behind before overtaking him.
“His aggressive and intimidating habit did not change one bit after two long years,” said the caption on the Facebook video.
According to the timestamp on the video, the incident happened at 10am on Jan 4, 2013.
Purchase this article for republication.
- 'Decepticons Punish & Enslave' Maserati Driver Impersonated A Cop
- Report Puts Hard Data On How Dangerous 'Driving While Black' Really Is
- Driver Admits To Possessing Drugs, 'Snapchatting And Instagramming' During Police Chase
- Driver Arrested After Fleeing Police In Hummer Topped With An Empty Casket
- Public Menace Justin Bieber Charged With Dangerous Driving and Assault
- Alleged Silk Road 2.0 owner arrested in San Francisco
- Pantsless Driver Watching Porn Behind The Wheel Crashes And Dies: Police
- Tracking the dangerous driving habits of teens
- School Bus Driver Ignores Road Closure, Drives Kids Through Floodwaters
- Reminder: Don't drive into oncoming traffic