By News service reports | and Rex Crum | PUBLISHED: September 27, 2018 at 1:31 pm | UPDATED: September 27, 2018 at 1:33 pm The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday filed suit against Tesla, and Chief Executive Elon Musk, charging the carmaker and its high-profile boss with fraud. According to CNBC, the SEC has filed charges of fraud related to Musk’s August announcement that he wanted to take Tesla private for $420 a share. Musk dropped the bombshell idea in an August 7 tweet in which he said he had “funding secured” to take Tesla private, but provided no financing details at that time. Musk eventually dropped his plans to take Tesla private in late August. Tesla shares fell 6 percent, to $289, in after-hours trading after the report that the SEC has sued the company and Musk. This is a developing story; check back for updates
- Time for Elon Musk to step down as Tesla CEO: Top investor
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk on why we should think we are "very dumb"
- Tesla's Musk agrees to new vetting rules for tweets in SEC deal
- Piramal Enterprises files complaints with SEBI against 'misleading rumours'
- Man files complaint against wife after accident, alleging rash driving
- In Video, K'taka Dy CM Govind Karjol Seen Giving Cash to Voter in Athani; Cong Files Complaint
- 'Bigg Boss 13' Contestant Hindustani Bhau Aka Vikas Fhatak's Wife Files Complaint
- 'Bigg Boss 13': Hindustani Bhau's wife files complaint
- Bigg Boss 13: Hindustani Bhau’s wife files complaint, says fake messages, videos have been made against him
- Market report: Northgate shares tumble as CEO leaves ahead of Redde merger
Report: SEC files complaint against Tesla CEO Musk have 264 words, post on www.dailybreeze.com at September 27, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.