Sergio Aguero has signed a contract extension with Manchester City. This means that he will be a player of the club all the way until 2021. The Argentine joined the club back in 2011 and with this extension, the striker would be spending a decade of his life with the Citizens.
Aguero has played a role in many of the successes of the club, including their most recent Premier League title victory back in May. In the first five opening games, he has started in every single match and scored three goals while providing two assists. For the upcoming fixture against Cardiff City, the 30-year-old could make his 300th appearance for the club across all competitions. Now into his seventh year at the club, Aguero has already scored more than 200 goals and he has become Manchester City’s all-time top goalscorer back in 2017.
Every fan knows his talent in the Premier League and all the clubs are wary whenever he plays. According to WhoScored, the forward is very strong in his key passes, finishing and passing. This has made him an excellent and integral player for Pep Guardiola who has managed to develop him even further.
Many people see this piece of news as a huge boost to the team who is still heavily reliant on him for goals. The Citizens currently sit third in the Premier League standings, two points behind both Chelsea and Liverpool. In terms of the number of goals scored, Manchester City and the Reds are on par with each other having scored 14 goals in 5 games. Beyond that, fans are already seeing him as a legend.
It is still early in the new season, but Aguero could be on course to winning the Premier League Golden Boot as both Mohamed Salah and Harry Kane have been looking out of sorts in recent games. Here is a look at how fans celebrated his contract extension.
Topics you might be interested in:
I am an avid Arsenal fan who started watching football back in 2014. COYG
Fetching more content…
Fetching more content…
- Lautaro Martinez: Man City eye Inter Milan striker as Sergio Aguero's potential successor
- 11pm Chelsea news LIVE: Havertz transfer BOOST, Willian to Spurs, Abraham agrees new contract extension, Gilmour injury
- Mercedes set to confirm Valtteri Bottas contract extension until end of 2021 season – with Lewis Hamilton not far behind
- 8pm Chelsea news LIVE: Havertz transfer boost, Abraham agrees contract extension, Gilmour out for FOUR months
- Rumour Has It: Juve and Inter to battle for Zaniolo, City may extend Aguero stay
- Man City ‘confident’ of beating Barcelona to Lautaro Martinez transfer as they eye long-term Aguero successor
- Jets’ Jamal Adams Expresses Frustration With Contract Situation On Instagram: ‘Maybe It’s Time To Move On’
- Phillip Schofield shares look at daughter Molly's colourful 28th birthday celebrations
- Browns sign Garrett to 5-year, $125 million extension
- Myles Garrett: Cleveland Browns pass rusher close to five-year, $125m extension
- Casillas has no contract or medical authorisation for final Porto outing - Conceicao
- 'Here to stay': Super Bowl MVP Mahomes signs 10-year extension with Chiefs
- Why grief over celebrities lost hits even harder amid the pandemic
- 2021 Range Rover And Range Rover Sport Revealed With New Versions
- 8am Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Coutinho and Willian double deal, Martinelli OUT until 2021, Partey LATEST
- Titans, Derrick Henry agree to contract before NFL deadline
- NFL And Pluto TV Team For Streaming Channel “Celebrating” Pro Football’s Past
- 'Fighter' Jesus is something special for Man City, says Guardiola
- Sane leaving Man City: What it means for Sterling, Foden, Mahrez and Guardiola's other stars
- Transfer news LIVE: Tottenham, Liverpool, Man City, Juventus, Everton, Real Madrid and all LATEST rumours and gossip
Twitter celebrates as Sergio Aguero pens a contract extension until 2021 have 598 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at September 21, 2018. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.